Lincoln welder

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by tambo, Aug 6, 2004.

1. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

We bought a welder last night.It is a Lincoln AC-225/DC-210/6.It is engine driven by a 16hp B&S.It is 100% duty.It has a setting for mig welding.It came with a meg welder box,feeder gun,and a regulator set or something.It is a 6000 watt generator too.It has a 100ft of cable together.It was on a small trailer but he wanted too much for it.

Anyone have or use one of these welders?How much would it be worth?

Tambo

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.........................Most motorized welders of the size that you seem to be referring too are being sold with either an 18 or 20 HP , 2 cylinder engine . They are capable of 225 amps DC or AC and most are rated for 8kw or 10 kw watts on the generator side . A 225 amp Bobcat Miller welder in the same class as the one you asked about should cost around 2400 to 2500 or so . You didn't state the asking price but I would be very careful about purchasing a used welder if you are NOT familiar with the machine and\or its capabilities . .....fordy.... :eek: :)

3. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

Fordy my husband welds for a living at his job.I was the one wondering if we got it at a good price.He is pleased with it and all we have to do is get a bottle of argon for the mig welder part.

We got the lincoln welder with cables, hobart mig welder box attachment,spool gun,regulator,hoses for $1250.He advertised it for $1500.

Tambo

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

................Tam , that's great! Glad you got a good deal . I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence , just keep you from wasting your money which obviously you haven't . Many happy sparks.......fordy.... :eek: :)

5. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

Fordy I am dumb as a rock when it comes to welding.My husband can resist some stuff then afterwards has regrets.He's pretty happy right now with it.We went and bought a portable band saw and some other stuff in case he gets a chance to make some extra money.I hope to learn to use the mig myself.

Tambo