Limping Doe ?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Bella Star, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Bella Star

Bella Star LaMancha & Boer

Yesterday I noticed that my doe was limping on a front leg, I checked it and found nothing. Today she is still limping and I rechecked it and still not really anything other than her hoof sides seem thick, she does climb and on one side there is broken hoof part maby from climbing fence but this looks old and there was a small thorn in her soft pad but I dont think this could cause her limping....... I really see nothing that is not common for our herd and area.
    I did put purple stuff on her whole hoof. Am I missing something ?
    Thanks for your post !

2. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

The thorn may have been hurting her. She may also have sprained something or pulled a muscle. I've had goats limp for a couple days with no injuries I could see, and then be fine again with no treatment.

3. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds just like one of my ewes...probably tried running down the hill too fast. If there is no heat in her foot then dont too much. If there is heat then hose it for 10 mins a day till better.

4. Bella Star

Bella Star LaMancha & Boer

THANKS to both of ya'll !
    I separated her from the others and have her with younger goats, she is still limping and I am going to check it again and rub her leg down and see if it helps. She could have taken a hit from somebody in heat or :shrug: .