Light Kits

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by james dilley, Jun 18, 2004.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

At this time I am planning on putting another light kit together any ideas out there other that the lights ,fuses wire ,connecters and testerswith the shrink tape.I do have a case just for this kit.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    What kind of light kit are we talking about JD? Which application?

3. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

This will be a general purpose kit to carry on the road but also I have had to use it for other folks as well, It helps to have lights for the truck and trailer. And the greatest complaint with trailers is other drivers steal the lights ,And the D O T aint playing games about missing lights ,I hate to wait for hours for a repair shop to put a single light in or fix a broken wire that costs me money and running time,and costs you more for what you buy. The kit is not vehical specific in it can also be carried and should be in everyones car/truck this kit can be put togher for less than $30.00 and is a GOD send when needed.

4. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I made a light bar for hay wagons when i was drawing out of the urban areas. Which are over whelming me again actually. The unit is completely independant of the vehicle except for power and you could toss a charged battery in and run it free of the vehicle power too. Normally it just used two clamps to get power to the controls, which I had on a frame mounted in a Military surplus FAL mag pouch with velcro straps. It has flasher units built in switches for everything to control it seperately or you can plug it into the truck plug. No side markers but they could be added. The light bar strapped to the wagon with a Ford seatbelt on each side. Probably needs some repairs as I haven't used it in a while. I do have a magnetic light kit from Wally World too.

5. BrushBuster

BrushBuster Well-Known Member

just some of the stuff i used to carry that wasn,t already mentioned

a couple of rubbers for the glad hands and tire plug kit and also a air hose with tire nozzle on one end and a glad hand on the other, a couple big radiator hose clamps for stacks and or turbo hose connections, rain-x, a couple rubber plugs for the hubs and a bottle of wheel seal grease, a couple of small pieces of small hose for the water manifold, a few pieces of roll up door hardware