Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend thought you all might get a kick out of my recent mountain adventure. So i copied and pasted this from an email i sent her this morning. Warning: this is not meant to offend anyone.

Do you ever have those days where you prove to yourself that God does indeed look out for the idiots of the world? Anyway...so there I am on my way home and I think "Geeze you really should move the snowmobile up closer to barrel springs since so much snow has melted" (oh ya and it was slicker than carp this morning everywhere except rocky point !). so I drive my car on past my snowmobile thinking I will see how far I can go comfortably and then walk back down and get the machine. And then i think "wait I have a tow thingy I can just tow the machine up here with the car". So I go up to the springs, see that it is safe , turn around go back down to the snowmobile about a mile away, turn around again and get out my tow thingy. Then i get on the machine drive it around to the rear of my car, see that i have no tow ball thing so i "smartly" decide to put the tow rope thing through the ends of both skis and then place the ends of the tow things on opposite sides of the rear inside of my trunk area and slam the door shut. I start the machine back up, get in my car and head slowly up the road. All is working perfectly and I am just patting myself on the back all the way up the hill. Get to where I want to be. Park the car, get on my snowmobile clothes , pack my bag etc and go around to remove the rope type tow thing and no way in heck will the back hatch door open. I tried using a shovel to pry on it, then thinking it just could not close all the way with the thick ends of the tow strap stuck in there I opened the hatch window and while riding the hatch like a horse tried again to open the window, still no luck. Now I cant just leave the rope and go home cause it is holding my machine to my truck, I cant cut it loose as I have nothing sharp. I decide to crawl into the back and see if maybe I can pull the strap back into the car past the thick part to see if that makes a difference (though I am doubting that i can as there is very little showing beyond the door. ) As I am putting the seat down to allow my big ole self to get in there I see the lug wrench and a little light bulb comes on "maybe this will help somehow". Get the lug wrench, crawl in to the back trunk area with the salt and the bags of sand, the shovel and the tire chains and the spare coat etc and start pulling on the strap, suddenly it dawns on me that i can use the lug wrench as a lever against the carpet by putting it through the little bit of a loop that is showing on the tow strap and "tada!" it works...in less than 5 minutes I have both straps pulled in enough that the thin part of the strap is under the door frame. I crawl back out getting tangled in the seat belt which causes me to slither down on my tush, get back up, go around, open the hatch with no problem, remove the tow strap, lock the car and drive the snowmobile home only to find that i have my bibs on inside out and my crocs on instead of my snow boots LOL. I am certain that the good Lord was watching out for me today!

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
I have been thinking about you since the weather turned so bad--sounds as if you're one capable lady--and able to laugh at yourself, which is such a good thing!!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I love your facility with technical language - "tow thingy!" :goodjob:

That's what I call it, too. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts