Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one week from now, the Supreme Court will review a Mississippi law that limits elective abortion at 15 weeks of pregnancy, setting the stage for possibly reversing Roe v. Wade and the devastating national policy of abortion on demand.

I was a college junior when Roe v. Wade was handed down in 1973 by an imperious Supreme Court, and I’ve been involved in the pro-life movement, both personally and professionally, ever since. Having achieved what some refer to as “senior statesman” status (I’m fine with “statesman,” not so wild about “senior”), I am asked with increasing frequency for my thoughts and analysis in advance of next week’s oral arguments.

My conclusion? I have much to be thankful for as I sit down with three generations of my family on Thursday. Life is getting the defense it deserves.

Consider the barrage of pro-life legal briefs filed in this case: 80 by supporters of the Mississippi law, signed by 231 members of Congress, 12 governors, and 24 state attorneys general. In Roe, only seven pro-life briefs were filed in such a momentous case, with zero from members of Congress, zero from governors, and just five from state attorneys general.

The robust legal argument that should have occurred in 1973, when Justice Harry Blackmun did his own medical research at Mayo Clinic, will finally take place in 2021. But it is not just the weight of legal arguments that has increased.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/life-is-getting-the-defense-it-deserves/ar-AAR7ySp?ocid=msedgntp

Reactions: boatswain2PA
1 - 2 of 2 Posts