Letters from Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Ninn, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

We got our first real letters from Joe today. There were about 5 in the envelope, dashed off as time permitted before formation in the morning or before lights out at the end of the day. He is really happy to be in boot camp, which surprised me. I thought maybe he would be chafing at the strictly scheduled lifestyle. Then I remembered that he has always thrived in a strongly predictable day to day schedule. So he is in his glory where he is. The first night on base, they were treated to a concert and visits by Montgomery Gentry. Joe was thrilled to pieces to be considered a service man already. He is not a big fan of country music, but loves these guys, as does his daddy. He waited around after the show to get an autograph for his dad!!! It says: Mark, thanks for serving." and has the signatures of all the group members. Talk about a great gift!!! His letters to me have instructions on how to get in touch with his "babymamma" and what he would like to have for dinner the first night of Christmas exodus. His letters to DH are filled with military jargon that only the two of them understand. I can't believe it took 18 years for them to find some common ground, but I am sooooo glad they finally did. Talk about your serious male bonding experience!! Anyway, he likes it, and is really happy to finally be considered an adult. I am just glad he is happy. Now, where did I put those fuzzy pink sox????

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    'Treated to a consert in boot camp"? Its over folks.

3. Ninn

Moopups, the concert was for servicemen returning from their various duty stations. This cycle of recruits just happened to get lucky with their week at reception, is all. BTW-the reference to the sox was just for you and you didnt even react! My wittle heart is bwoken........lol

4. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Geez the only Concert I had during Boot Camp was the howling when the CC turned off the hot water in the showers......and yeah it was in January too...... :Bawling:

Please convey my thanks to your son for his service. :)

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Missed the return referance to the sox, could you reissue about 414 repeats so I don't miss it again? Actually 412 would be adequate.

6. Ninn

now why would i want to do a silly thing like that? :p i will just send you some sox instead. that way you can think of me while your tootsies stay nice and warm............lol