lets try all the tomatoes

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by randy in central missouri, Feb 3, 2004.

1. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

2. Sedition

Sedition Well-Known Member

Interesting idea.

There are about 40 pages, single spaced with no illustrations in my 2004 Seed Savers Exchange Yearbook, 2,000 varieties, maybe more? How many people are you looking to get involved?

3. Jim East Tn

Jim East Tn Well-Known Member

I was impressed with their Brandywine last year. This will have a permanent spot in my garden. This year I am adding the little yellow Blondkopchen andthe black Nyagous.

I hope that many of you will order some seeds from www.seedsavers.org---they are working hard to keep our old, interestingly unique heritage alive. The little extra cost is well worth it.

4. lynpea

lynpea Well-Known Member

I planted the blondkpochen year before last, wasn't so impressed that I would do it again. My fav. yellow is Lillians yellow, really good. I haven't picked yet what I'm going to plant this year, (I have about 30 varities that I can choose from in my seed bank) But the ones that I do plant every year are "Rose" and Olpalka, those are for sure..........lynpea

5. Hammer

Hammer Active Member

My favorite is Cherokee purple. They look a little odd but sure have a hard to beat taste. Every year i try a couple different heirlooms and so far these are my favorite. My favorite paste is one called Polish paste. I grew sausage for paste for several years and these are better and larger.