Let's call the roster...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by zealot, Nov 18, 2006.

1. zealot

zealot Soli Deo Gloria

It's almost Thanksgiving Day (here in the U.S.), so I thought I'd start a "thankfulness roster" thread. My list is:

I'm thankful that Mike Huckabee, Troy Woodruff, and Rick Satan-torum are on their way out.

And that I am less than a year from graduating and being certified as a Chartered Herbalist.

And that the record-breaking hot summer is behind us.

And that most of the hurricane season is behind us.

And that I have recently stumbled upon a new variety of maxima pumpkin in my pumpkin patch, cross-bred by accident. (I kid you not.)

And that I haven't caught a cold in nearly two years.

Now,

What are you thankful for?

2. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

I am thankful for a wonderful family that is healthy and happy.

I am thankful for good jobs that pay the bills with something leftover to save and splurge a bit no and then.

I am thankful for good friends.

Come to think of it, I am pretty fortunate.

Nikki

3. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm thankful (most of the time) that my husband of 40 years, and has brain cancer, has survived another year--and that my health is good enough to care for him
    and for my 3 married children, that live close---3 out of 4, not bad.

4. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm thankful that my son survived his year in Iraq whole...and found a wonderful fiance . And my other son found a wonderful gal...gained four grandkids in a year!!! Grateful still have my health, a little creaky in the joints but no biggie problems. Grateful that have a steady job. Grateful for my DH of 40 years. Grateful that only have one more year on the mortgage and the farm will be alll ours. All in all a good year. And hey,the Democrats took both houses. DEE

5. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I am thankful that my son-in-law is finally working.

I am thankful my two kids are happy.

I am thankful my husband only has a year to go before retirement.

I am thankful that my family is well and healthy.

I am thankful for my home, my pets, and for everything I have been blessed with.

6. Deb862

Deb862 Well-Known Member

I am thankful firstly just to be alive and able to enjoy another day,

for the fact that I have a good job and earn more than I thought I ever would in life,

for our children being healthy and doing well on their own,

for us being able to purchase our homestead as soon as we see it and being able to be picky about it; heck, even turn down homes that cost more than we thought we could ever spend on property!

I am also thankful for our cat and dog, as they bring joy and companionship to our lives every day.

7. RandB

RandB Well-Known Member

I am thankful 2006 is almost over. It has been one of the worst years of my life, for several reasons.

I am thankful that so far we are hanging on financially, even with me out of work, medical bills, and DH having to retire this year.

I am always thankful that things aren't even worse than they are. We have a roof over our heads, and hay in the barn. Especially thankful for good family and friends who are still with us. Also for the companionship and love of our pets, which were very important to me this year.

Finally a thanks for some special people who helped me during my hospitalization and recovery, people who were of course, doing their jobs, but in a very kind and caring way.

8. lynpea

lynpea Well-Known Member

I am thankful to God, to Jesus for all that He has done for us, all that He is doing now, and all that He will do in the future.

I am thankful for my DH, for all the hard work he has done for this family, and for being more of a father than he was blessed with.

I am thankful for each one of our three children, our DD spouses and our incredible 17 year old DS, they are AWESOME!!

I am thankful that God has seen fit to fill our home again with little ones.

I am thankful that we will be adopting 2 of our 3 foster children.

I am thankful for the trails and sorrows that we have had this year, we have survived them and God only gets the glory for that.

I am thankful that my lil' sis had 3 more years with her DH and that she did not suffer at the end of her life...

lynpea.....

9. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

I am thankful for the blessings God has given,

I am thankful, that I made a new friend, and for the friends God has given me this year. I don't feel alone anymore.

I'm thankful for the Church God allows us to attend, I feel like he is really using me. I've been praying for this opportunity for many years

I'm thankful that on Thursday I get to go serve thanksgiving to the people at the homeless shelter, because once upon a time ago, it was me in there shoes.

I'm thankful for my husband and my children

I guess I really have a lot to be thankful for.....

10. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I am thankful that my dsil survived his recent heart attack (he is 26).

I am thankful that I raised sons who still believe it is an honor to serve their country. (Thank you, Joey.)

I am thankful that my oldest aughter is jobless again and finally gets to enjoy her children.

I am thankful that my youngest daughter is finally understanding what it means when we say "when you have kids, you'll understand what we mean...."--BEFORE her baby is born.

I am thankful that my youngest son has learned about loss this year and learned how strong he really is.

I am blessed with a new daughter in law that we are crazy about. Thank you, God, for our Britney.

I am thankful that my husband has just realized he drinks too much and is trying to cut back.

I am thankful that my parents kept my little family from homelessness this winter.

I am thankful that my health has improved and I can learn to homestead right in my little trailer.

I am profoundly thankful for the gift of my husband, who loves me every day and only wants me to be happy-whatever that may take. After 18 years, he is still my best friend. Every day that I spend with him is a blessing.

I am thankful that I have good friends who will tell me when I screw up, and who love me anyway.

And finally, I am thankful that I have the right to list all that I am thankful for, and the right to thank God for the challenges he blessed me with this year.

11. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I am thankful for my wonderful family. For My dear children, inlaws, and the baby that we have waited on soooo long and their health. I am thankful for my dh-- who after 33+yrs still makes my heart 'skip' a beat when he touches me... I am thankful for the time I spend w/ each of my children and all they have and do bring to this family.

And for "enough"........enough food, enough money, enough love, enough energy, enough laughter!!!! thank you for letting me be reminded...Queen Bee

12. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I am thankful to be a Child of God and a servant of my Lord Jesus Christ.

I am thankful for a loving, compassionate, giving, and growing husband, who is learning to deal with the past, live in the present, and look hopefully toward the future.

I am thankful that the kids are reasonably functional and contributing members of society.

I am so thankful for dear friends who are my chosen family, and are truly gifts from God.

I am thankful that I can bend over and pick things up.

I am thankful that DH is outside right now, fixing the carb on the Scrambler so we will have three functioning cars again!

Oh! And I'm thankful for HT and all the folks here!

Pony!

13. zealot

zealot Soli Deo Gloria

It looks like we've all got a lot to be thankful for!

14. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

I'm thankful for this day and the chance to make the best of whatever happens :) And all the stuff others have said already about spouses, family, friends, health, homesteading, the election results, the people who choose to serve in the military, etc. etc. and this place to share.

Hugs
    Marlene

15. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I am thankful for the defeat, after 22 years, of Mike Veon, Democratic Whip :dance:

I am thankful for my family - ALL OF IT - a hard working, loving DH, two beautiful healthy girls, a generous caring extended family

I am thankful for God's blessings in my life

I am thankful to have been born an American and all that it entails (see below)

By the PRESIDENT of the United States Of America

A PROCLAMATION

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favour; and Whereas both Houfes of Congress have, by their joint committee, requefted me "to recommend to the people of the United States a DAY OF PUBLICK THANSGIVING and PRAYER, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to eftablifh a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

NOW THEREFORE, I do recommend and affign THURSDAY, the TWENTY-SIXTH DAY of NOVEMBER next, to be devoted by the people of thefe States to the fervice of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our fincere and humble thanksfor His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the fignal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpofitions of His providence in the courfe and conclufion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have fince enjoyed;-- for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to eftablish Conftitutions of government for our fafety and happinefs, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;-- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are bleffed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffufing useful knowledge;-- and, in general, for all the great and various favours which He has been pleafed to confer upon us.

And also, that we may then unite in moft humbly offering our prayers and fupplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and befeech Him to pardon our national and other tranfgreffions;-- to enable us all, whether in publick or private ftations, to perform our feveral and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a bleffing to all the people by conftantly being a Government of wife, juft, and conftitutional laws, difcreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all fovereigns and nations (especially fuch as have shewn kindnefs unto us); and to blefs them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increafe of fcience among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind fuch a degree of temporal profperity as he alone knows to be beft.

GIVEN under my hand, at the city of New-York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord, one thousand feven hundred and eighty-nine.

(signed) G. Washington ​

16. Mrs. Vet

Mrs. Vet Well-Known Member

I am thankful to God, to Jesus for all that He has done for us, all that He is doing now, and all that He will do in the future. Amen!

I am so very thankful that hubby is still alive after dieing on me last year (then beating him back to life). I am so thankful for meeting Goatlady and her moving down here. She is a wonderful friend. I am thankful for our children, pets, grandkids, and our health. Thank you God!