Lets all be Green--

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by ceresone, Jan 6, 2007.

1. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

more than once i've noticed color creep into our postings, and i feel races/color will stay divided, as long as it comes into any conversations, for any reason--so, for awhile, can we just all pretend we're all green? have to be green--even if you'd rather be blue--
    hope you all understand what i'm saying--

2. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

I'm kind of partical to plaid puce myself. (Since I never refer to anyone's race, this should be no problem!) But there is still the problem of "those darned foreigners" that some folks here just won't quit uttering. Go figure. :shrug:

:baby04:

3. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

Could we be purple or blue tomorrow?

4. ovendoctor

ovendoctor north of the lift bridge

was always told green side up[except wen putting cheese on pizza] :doh: :stirpot:

5. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

Anyone ever read a book titled 'The Lathe of Heaven'? Basically this alien creature gives a man whatever he wishes. Whatever he wants, so the world becomes. He wishes that there would be no more racial problems.... and everyone ended up being this sickly looking gray color, ostensibly the color humans would be if all were racially combined. There is much more to the story than that, of course, but basically, the lesson was not to wish things away because you just might get what you wish for. I"m not saying that we should continue hostilites of any sort, but rather just enjoy each other for the unique people we are. :angel:

Also, my favorite color is pea-green pink! :baby04:

6. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

Green is great, I love green.
    When I think of green I think of growth.
    With all us planning for spring
    (What to plan this spring, soon coming daffodils and Tulips,
    what to order for our spring chicks, and so much more)
    This is a time we relax after the holidays
    and prepare for the rest of the year.
    It is a 'green' time or a 'growth' time.
    Personal growth, spiritual growth, what to change in this new year.
    The hope and looking forward to the spring and summer.
    Yeppers, I love green, makes me think of 'growth'
    Like the new green grass growing or that lighter green on the end
    of fir and pine trees, that 'new growth'
    Yep, sure do like green. :dance:

7. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

Okay, but what shade? Light or dark? Yellowish-green or grass green? Decisions, decisions!

Truth be told, I've not noticed it come up all that often. There're a few racists on board, but not many. Sometimes it 's germane to the issue, as it was when I was debating on whether to adopt children of a different race.

But if someone is being racist, let's just lay 'em out and have an elephant lie down on 'em! Errr...anyone have an elephant on hand in the back 40?

8. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

I vote for spring green.

9. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

Make that two votes for spring green! The bright happy kind!

10. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

We don't all have to be the same color to get along.
    I don't want to blend in with everyone else, that would be kind of dull, but I really wouldn't notice cause everyone font looks the same on my monitor anyway. LOL

11. RiverPines

RiverPines Well-Known Member

I personally like all the colors! Rainbows are most beautiful when all the spectrum's shine through! :)

12. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

:banana02:I vote light green with dark yellowish green spots and grass green stripes. :stirpot: :)

13. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Kermit the Frog says it's not easy being green.

From "The Sesame Street Book and Record". 'Green' is (c)1970 Jonico Music, Inc.
    It's not that easy being green;
    Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
    When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold...
    or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
    It seems you blend in with so many other ord'nary things.
    And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
    not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
    or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
    And green can be cool and friendly-like.
    And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,
    or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
    It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
    Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
    And I think it's what I want to be.

I don't think color is the issue. It's a lack of respect for others and their differences. I enjoy being brown. I wouldn't have it any other way. My best friend is white (hi Angie) and I love her for all that she is. We have differences and we have similarities. It makes life interesting. But I do understand where you're coming from. I wish people could just get along.

14. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Hi Sandra

I'm sparkling ,....

15. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

Now this is one of the reasons I enjoy forums and chat rooms .
    there are no different races. skin color ,race ,or religion is never spoken of or known unless brought up.
    Most often race is only brought into the fro by biggots.
    Im an american in that I reside in the western hemisphere hense amrica.
    I would never claim native american,french american,german american as I consider them all to be racist.

16. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Pyrodon - I think you mean to get to know the essence of the person before you even (if ever) know the packaging...

And it's funny with Sandra and I...
    She's going thru many many many of the same things I've been thru, and I'm just a bit ahead of her on the recovery, but I'm older also.
    But, it's like most of myself in her... we relate extremely.
    So, what color our skin is never really had anything to do with it. I use to have a friend in a wheelchair and that was just part of her... same thing.

I like knowing the people, more than worrying about their skin color.

But, I have to admit - if I don't know a person, and there's a group of them and they feel dangerous, white, black, mixed - I still try not to be there.

But you are right, with this format, we get to know the inside of the person (usually) and may never know the outside.

Angie

17. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

In all but the GC forum :)
    I admit to being devils davocte there.
    I happen to be of the ethnic lines stated in my last post ,
    at my wedding my "brother" (who is of african decent ) and his family attended as did a dear friend from tiwan (in a traditional wedding costume) a scottsman in a kilt,rednecks ,hippies ,and even a cow boy and a few "Indians" ,along with many foriegn exchange students from the college. it was a very colorful reception .
    For us all to be green one of the most inportant things we have to do is teach our children to be color blind .
    I have always believed that a person doesnt have to be a racist to be stupid ,But they do have to be stupid to be a racist

18. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

Stupidity truly knows no boundaries, huh? :baby04:

Like Sandra, I pretty much like who and what I am, and very seldom even think about my skin color or racial makeup. I just 'am'.

19. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

I'm white, and I try to be brown. In the process I usually go red instead. If I'd been black, I probably wouldn't have had to suffer from skin cancers. My hair and eyes are brown, though, so I nearly got there. I was orange once, when the tanning stuff didn't suit me.

I try to be green whenever possible, when it comes to environmental issues. Probably just a pale green, liberally toned with yellow because I'm a coward. Sometimes I'm green with envy.

I've been grey, too, when seriously ill. I guess I'll be grey again when I'm dead, or near to it.

Sometimes I'm blue, but those days usually pass. Every now and again I have a black rage, and sometimes it's just white fury, but I get over that, too.

I go pink with pleasure, and bright red with embarrassment.

I think we should all be like those old photos - sepia.

One day I'd like to meet a real American Indian man. I've only ever seen some in photos, and whether or not they were chosen especially I don't know, but they all seem to me to be incredibly handsome!

I like to think that all people are colourful inside. I try not to judge books by their covers.

Maybe I'm just too lazy to be a racist. Hatred and anger are such exhausting, tiresome and frustrating emotions!