Let It SNOW!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Natalie11, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Natalie11

Natalie11 Well-Known Member

Well I know most of the rest of you have already seen snow this year. . .well maybe not, but last night into this morning it has been snowing!

We live in Southern Utah where it snows maybe at the most 5 times a year and that is very little. It usually melts the same day or the next day.

What a beautiful surprise for the kiddos, they can hardly stand being inside when there is white stuff on the ground. Hooray for the snow!

2. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

We're getting an Ice storm in N.W. Ontario for this day. Hopefully, it is suppose to warm up and rain, than quit, or maybe turn to a small snowfall.
    Ice buildup on the power lines is NOT what we want to see! :eek:

3. Natalie11

My in-laws have told me about ice storms in TN, but I have yet to see one. I think that it would be beautiful and unwelcome at the same time! I am going to try to post pics of the snow here. . I know it is just snow, but in the canyon country it is really something to see.

4. moongirl

moongirl Well-Known Member

no snow yet in Boston. In fact within the last week we have seen the mid 60's! My heat bill is loving it!!!

5. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

I want a foot per day for a week, one week every month.

Im tired of getting 6 inches, and hearing local people whine, and seeing schools close. Its a joke.

6 inches isnt even worth locking the hubs.

people dont know what winter is anymore.

sorry for the rant. The lack of Snow and cold is a pet peeve of mine.
    I was born to far away from the arctic circle, and 100 years to late.

6. Billie in MO

Billie in MO Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey Natalie, I'm getting the same snow you are!! The ground was covered when we got up this morning. Kept up till around noon, took a little break and started up again an hour or so ago. The canyons in the monument are just gorgeous with snow. Know what you mean! The mesa is suppose to get up to 2 feet.

michagonfarmer---have to agree with you about people and their "whining". Was in a blizzard about 10 years ago, back east. Snowed in for 11 days. Loved it, was nice and cozy but goodness, the whining was out of control. People buying SUV's thinking they could get around in the snow. Not even the snow plows could get thru. Gotta have their Starbuck's coffee!

7. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Drove to our land yesterday afternoon in 80 degree weather & cut down our Xmas tree. It's soooo pretty. I'm soooo tired of the artificial one.

So it dropped to 27 degrees during the nite. AND IT'S SNOWING!! WHoohoo. This doesn't happen too often in N. TX.

Patty

8. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I completely agree. I remember the blizzard we had in '78 and we haven't had anything like it since. I miss the cold, cold winters and snow, snow, snow. I would love to have what they had 100 years ago.

9. Natalie11

Well the snow came and went, but it brought frigid temps for our region. It was 9 degrees this morning which is a little too cold for my blood. The mountains look so beautiful that I can handle the temp as long as my wood stove keeps burning.

The weather says that it will be back up to 50 next week so there is a little bit of sunshine in this story.

10. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

We've got 6 inch snow drifts.

LOL thought I'd give you northerners a laugh. (but it's true).

11. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

The snow teased me a little. Lots of pretty white flakes falling, but they didn't stick.

12. Tiffin

Tiffin Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the snow here in NY. Got a newish snowmobile and want to try it. If we don't get enough this year might as well move south and just use an ATV.

13. mainer

mainer Well-Known Member

you guys can have all the snow! I moved to Indiana to get away from it.

14. fixer1958

fixer1958 None of the Above

For all of you that like snow you can come have all of mine. There is enough here this morning to last me a lifetime. I hate it. I need to live on the equator.