Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
till mom comes to live with us. I feel like we are all running pretty fast- which would explain why we are all tired and grumpy LOL, to get things ready.

DB got the bedroom walls up and the closet built and the texture on the walls, I finished the final coat of paint just now. Her bed and comfy mattress have been ordered. Will look for a large area rug or carpet remnant tomorrow when we go to see the attorney and look at an ATV in Tucson. We still have to pull out the bath tub and surround in the main bathroom and build a ceramic walk in shower in its place. Cripes we need to build a ramp too....there are three steps into our door that mom cant do.

Like life was boring before NOT LOL. We are all anxious and excited to have her here.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Well, at least you had some warning! My Mom told everyone but us that she had decided to take us up on our offer to move here, started giving things away and packing, THEN told me. We painted our master bath, thinking we'd put her in there to give her a private bath. Suddenly after arriving to pick her up, I realized she would not be able to get into or out of that tub, so called and had DH and GD shift gears. Refill the waterbed, granddaughter moved into the smaller room, put up a bed for Mom in her room, and hoped for the best. It was all we had time to do. I know at some point we'll have to put in a walk in shower, and some type of lift chair to get in and out of the house. Mom has been with us for three years and so far, so good. We try to respect everyone's space. I do change her bedding and do her laundry because the bed is very difficult to make, but I don't mind. We had to change our meal time to accomodate when she has always eaten, and that has caused some scurrying to get farm chores done, but we manage. Good luck and bless you for taking in your Mama.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I tried to get my mother-in-law to come live with us but she wouldn't leave her house. I loved that woman and would have enjoyed spoiling her. My mother is now in a home but really doesn't need to be. She's just too mean for any of her kids to want to be around her. You're lucky to have a wonderful mom to spend time with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts