Lehman's grain mill

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by teresab, May 13, 2006.

1. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

2. wilderness1989

wilderness1989 Well-Known Member

3. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

Thanks wilderness...I will check it out.

4. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

We have this one:
    http://lehmans.com/shopping/product...ODUCT&iMainCat=701&iSubCat=708&iProductID=449

I only bought the hand-cranked based and the grinder, not all the extras. It was a pretty good price at the time, but I see it's gone up some. I liked the fact that I could add a motorized base later is I wanted to.

It works pretty well. I do have to put the grain through twice to get in a really nice consistancy for baking, but it's very easy to turn, grinds pretty quickly, and cleans up easily.

However, with that said, if I was going to do it over, and was only going to use it for grain, I think I'd buy an impact mill instead. I had my reasons for wanting one that could be manual, but now I wish it was electric. My arm gets tired. lol.

5. gypsymama

gypsymama Well-Known Member

Teresab,

If you are thinking of getting that grain mill from Lehmans, call and ask them if they have any returns in stock. Many of these have been returned and are brand new, never been used but they don't sell them online or in the catalog, you have to ask about. They had this model for $69.00 when I was there a few months ago.