Lawn Tractor

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Mike in Pa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mike in Pa

Mike in Pa Well-Known Member

I have a Cub Cadet 2186. I blew a tire and got a replacement (16- 6.5 x 8). When I brought it home it was about an inch higher than the original tire ... which means an inch taller than the other front tire.

Do you think it will really be a noticable difference? Hurt performance? I don't need a golf course but don't want it too noticable though.

I would try it but don't have an area ready to try. Hope I don't need another 33.00 tire for nothing.

2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

let out some air? :cowboy:

3. neolady

neolady Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, the exact same thing happened with our Sears. The dealer blew one of the tires while working on it, replaced it with an exact same size and the tractor now sits lop-sided. I am going to have to replace the OTHER side at my expense now.

4. Mike in Pa

Mike in Pa Well-Known Member

I could have bought a whole new wheel and tire assembly for TWO dollars more! But the wheel was a different color ... tires were probably the same though.
    I don't understand. This tire is the exact same spec but is noticably different. Both turf tires too. Not the air either.

5. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

If your tractor is 2wd it won't affect the preformance of it.

If you have a 4wd tractor, tires _must_ match up, or the gears/ rubber will wear badly.

This is a bigger deal on bigger tractors, but would concern me on small ones as well.

--->Paul

6. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Heck, I'd just go and replace the opposite tire too. The wife always tells me that I'm half a bubble off level the way it is....why make it any worse.

7. Guest Too

Guest Too Active Member

OKLAHOMA...where the wind comes sweeping down the
    This is a bit off subject, but related. I need some new mower blades, anyone have a favorite site they buy from online?

8. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

i'm interested too, plus things like oil filters too.