Laundry accident...ink in the dryer

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by brownthumb, Nov 11, 2006.

1. brownthumb

brownthumb Well-Known Member

I left a pen in my pants pocket and it went through the wash and then into the dryer. Now there is dried ink on my clothing and also the dryer itself is spotted with dried ink all over. My wife will kill me. Any ideas what to do?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. FUNKY PIONEER

FUNKY PIONEER No I don't smell Funky

Ok take rubbing alchol and pour it on to the spots on the clothing, keep blotting and pouring untill the spot is gone. Then take a MR CLean Magic eraser and wipe the spots off the inside of the dyer. If you don't have this rubbing alchol on a spong will work too. I did this this summer and it was the ONLY thing that worked.

3. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

Hair spray will remove ink off of clothes but I dont think Id use it in the dryer.

4. HappyFarmer

HappyFarmer Well-Known Member

There is a product in a tube (similar to a glue stick) that takes out ink & blood from clothing. I *think* it's called blink. The name rhymes with ink at any rate. The tube is white with red wording. It's worked for me in the past. CVS carries it.

5. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

the dryer stains are probably permanent. good news it they won't rub off on the rest of your clothes. btdt. as above, hairspray works well to remove ink. you can watch it dissolve. then rewash. it works.

6. ruester

ruester Member

Rub kerosene on all the ink spots, then put the clothes back in the dryer.

Toss in a match and run....... You're wife will never know... :p

7. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I've used rubbing alcohol to get ink of a microfiber couch. Worked quite well. Our guarantee didn't cover pen ink, but they would've come out if it was Squid ink. :shrug: