Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the last big harvest of my peppers this weekend. I decided not to do small tunnels to extend the season...because I am tired! First frost is just around the corner.

I have to get to the Honey Do BOOK and get some things off the list. I always get behind in the summer.

HDB consist of 12 chapters...I'm on chapter 2 paragraph 2.4-B:grin:

I picked 18-21 bushels of bells, jalapeno, and sweet banana, total weight over 300 lbs off of 300 plants.It has been 3 weeks since I last picked. Usually pick once per week. I have 3 bushel of bells bigger than soft balls, 5 the size of soft balls and 2 bushel of smalls. All my peppers have been prolific producers this year. I did not have time to get to the hot peppers. I ran out of baskets and had to put the peppers in 50 lb sacks.

I always donate to several different organizations and this last picking was valued at $550.00 but I donated it all this morning to the soup kitchen and food pantry in my county.

I could have used the money but sometimes you need to think about those less fortunate.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

I just received my daily wholesale price list from the NC State Farmers Market. Seems pepper prices have increased and I gave away $760.00 worth instead of $550.00. Printed a copy and attached it to my donation receipt for taxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts