Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to decide which is more important: to stay near potential customers willing to buy our farm products or to go for a bigger chunk of land farther out. We are staying in Florida, but will be relocating soon. We'd love to get 20 or more acres. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
"potential" customers means they MIGHT buy your production. don't count on it with the economy going the way it is. Go for the land. JMO cause I prefer land myself.

·
Voice of Reason
53,255 Posts
We are trying to decide which is more important: to stay near potential customers willing to buy our farm products or to go for a bigger chunk of land farther out. We are staying in Florida, but will be relocating soon. We'd love to get 20 or more acres. Any thoughts?
Quite frankly, you gave far too little information about your situation to draw any kind of conclusion about which option might be wiser.

• We don't know how much "farther out" you're talking about.
  • We don't know how much land you have now, and what the current land utilization is.
  • We don't know what kinds of improvements you'll be walking away from.
  • We don't know how you're planning on making use of that additional land in the future.
  • We don't know if you'll be starting over on vacant land, or if you'll be buying property with enough improvements that you can get started producing right away.
  • We don't even know what kinds of farm products you produce and sell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess my question should be, how far is too far for people to come to you to buy vegetables, meat and eggs? I've got my heart set on 20 acres, but for what we can afford, that would put us about an hour away from a large city.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts