Land in Florida

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Newbietothis, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Newbietothis

Newbietothis New Member

Anybody out there know about places in Florida to come by rural land with as few restrictions as possible?? I'm dying to try out yurt living, but am not sure if there is anywhere left where you can actually do it and still be slightly close to "civilization". Any information would be appreciated!! :) :) Thanks.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    The entire state now is under zone restrictions, the upper most areas are the most lenient near Goergia, the lower half is cost crazy and very restricted. Open land, palmettos and pines on white sand can be still purchased starting about $2,000.00 but they are getting to be few and far between, most you have to have 5 acres mininum to live on if there is no structure there now. I did a long wheeled search last fall, but only found affordable land above Gainesville. Not many good jobs unless your into a specialized skill such as medical or legal, and there is a lot of non Americans eveywhere.

3. wetumpkamike

wetumpkamike New Member

try looking around calhoun county in the panhandle.

4. joan from zone six

joan from zone six Well-Known Member

then there is always quality of life - i had ten acres near jacksonville - out in the boonies - found that if i wanted to move a new double-wide on, it would take a MINIMUM of 17 permits - no thanks -

5. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

A yurt in Fla? Hurricane haven? Perhaps we could interest you in cement dome homes instead? If you can't nail plywood over it, you can kiss it goodbye from June to November!

6. Esteban29304

Esteban29304 Well-Known Member

Some of the least expensive & less restricted areas are in, Levy, Gilchrist, Dixie, & Taylor counties. Much land is available at decent [ to me] prices.MANY areas are prone to flooding, so ASK! A yurt won't float but a single-wide might! LOL

7. kinnb

kinnb Well-Known Member

landcentral.com usually has properties listed in those counties.