Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a charter service for a Lake Michigan fishing trip. My boss has me setting up a trip for some of our employees and I am at a loss. We used to use "Hot Lady" Sportfishing charter service out of Sheboygan, WI, but the phone number for them has been disconnected.

So if any of you knows of a good charter service please chime in.

P.S. The group wants to go to lake Michigan as opposed to Erie, bigger fish and all.

Thanks,

Brett

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Brett,

So are you open to any area of Lake Michigan, or would you still like to go out of Sheboygan, WI??? Or would you rather go out of some place a bit closer to you???

I lived in Milwaukee for many years and could recommend a couple of good charters out of there if you could narrow down what part of the lake you are interested in fishing.

Margie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our company is in Greenwood, IN so something a little closer to the southern tip of the lake would certainly be best. We had such good luck out of Sheboygan we went back for years, so if you know of a service that consistantly catches fish, we would consider the extra driving.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
We used to slip our boat near this charter in St Joe, MI. He's one of the best fishermen on the lake and wins plenty of tournaments. Intense and very serious about having a good time fishing and staying safe while doing so.
I've fished with Sharkey numerous times and have always caught fish. Fish August for big kings. We've caught them to 27 lbs. Early in the year for coho. If you are lucky, you might hook up with a decent reel screaming steelhead. My brother caught one that weighed 17 lbs.

It's been 4 years since we kept a boat there so I hope this info is current. You could always call Eagle Pointe Marina and ask for contact info for Sharkster Charters as well.

http://www.landbigfish.com/charters/showcase.cfm?charter=6057

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Accckkkk! I spoke too soon. Capt. Sharkster retired after last year ang got out of fishing. Sorry!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I could reccommend a couple of charter services that launch out of North Point Marina in Northern Illinois.
If you're interested let me know and I'll get the links to their website.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I booked a trip for six with coldwater charters out of St. Joseph MI yesterday. Today the boss asks me to book a trip for six more out of the same area, so I guess my options are getting smaller??????

·
Registered
185 Posts
You may want to check out Blue Horizon Sport Fishing, out of Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
www.bigfishsportfishing.com
Capt. Dan Keating is a consistent tournament winner/leader, hosts workshops on the water as well as during the off season, I have met him and attended his seminars, and his prices are right in line with other charters. He would be the first one that I'd spend my money on, and I ran my own boat on Lake Michigan for 4years before moving inland, this guy would have doubled my catch ratios if I'd heard about him in the beginning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.