Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here are some "wammy" articles that really got my attention:

http://www.larouchepac.com/news/2008/11/17/financial-crisis-shutting-down-world-trade.html

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Laird/nov202008.html

This means food (and a lot is imported into this country), tools, clothing, shoes (what clothing is still made here?)....

I anticipate some outrageous prices coming soon (not sure when).

With recession + famine, you have a depression, as was the case about 7 times in our history.

Which is why this got my attention.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I think the second link has a lot more information. Here is a snippet:

Over 100,000 factories in China are to close by the end of the year. Chinese plant owners are abandoning their plants, unable to pay their bills, and abandoning workers with months of back pay unpaid. That is so serious that riots are breaking out in Chinese cities, and even now there is 10 Pct unemployment in some of the biggest exporting cities in provinces like Guangdong. Unemployment in the cities is one thing that scares China. That’s why they came up with that $500 billion stimulus plan. Compared to the size of the Chinese economy, that’s like the US coming up with a $2 trillion economic stimulus. Such a sudden and immense move is unheard of in China. It’s said that China is actually buying some of their own inventory that is stacking up.

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
<snipped>
I anticipate some outrageous prices coming soon (not sure when).

<snipped>

With recession + famine, you have a depression, as was the case about 7 times in our history.

Which is why this got my attention.

What I want to know is what is meant by "outrageous." Right now prices for certain things certainly seem to be outrageous already. If prices spike I foresee stores doing lots of clearance just to get the shelves empty for other products that might sell.

As for catching your attention, we are in the minority I believe. No one else seems to believe this could happen again even if it has historically happend to us several times in the past.

I just can't wait for all that "change" we have been promised to work its way through the system. I think some may not like what "change" we receive.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Prices won't be outrageous on some goods... the goods will simply not be available at any cost...

Hopefully, I've got all of the throwaway consumer goods already purchased!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts