la manchas in AL

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cricket, Jan 12, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there are any other people from AL on this board and do you know who would have LaManchas for sale? I'm looking for a friend of mine.

2. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Hi Cricket, I'm from St. Clair Co. Al. We have Nubians and the few people that I know that have dairy goats have nubians also. If I do see someone that does have LaManchas I will keep you in mind.

3. Mrs. Ed

Mrs. Ed Active Member

Hello, Cricket! I am in Morgan Co. I do not know anyone with LaManchas.

Do you receive the AL Farmer's Bulletin? If you don't, it is a monthly publication put out by the Dept. of Ag & Industry that allows people like us access to classifieds for all kinds of animals, as well as articles on the farming industry in our state. You might find someone in there with LaManchas.

Their website is www.agi.state.al.us

4. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Yeah...I recieve the bulliten (sp?) but I never see any in there. I also get the MS one too but never see any in there either. It's interesting that so few people have them. My friend who has them swears by them. They are sooooo sweet. If I were interested in marketing goat dairy stuff, I probably would get some too. But I'm not so I won't. I'll just go play with hers... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your responses. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one from AL...

5. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

I just looked through my ADGA directory, and there are a couple of Lamancha breeders in Alabama.

In Montgomery, Deatsville, Summerdale, Fairhope, and Citronelle.

If any of those interest you, PM me and I will send you the specific name and phone # on them.

Tracy

6. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I'm also in Alabama. You're certainly not alone. There are probably a couple dozen of us here, if not more.

See if you can't place a "wanted" ad in the Farmer's Bulletin.