Kubota Tractors

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by angus_guy, Dec 29, 2004.

1. angus_guy

angus_guy Well-Known Member

Does any one have experience with "Lseries"
    specifically the L3830 with the FE Loader working with Round Bales

I Have 4x6 Bales and I am not sure the weight of the Bales I do know that the Loader is rated at 1600 lbs (720) kg

Is this adequate for 4x6 bales ?

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

4 x 6 is an odd size to me for round bales.....4 x 5 and 5 x 5 are all that I am famiiar with. My skidsteer (1700 lb capacity) handles the bales at low levels just fine, fully raised the skidsteer gets tipsy. I would think the tractor could handle a 4 x 6 or a 4 x 5 however you may have to put a counterweight on the rear. I use a plastic 55 gallon barrel filled with concrete as a counterweight on my 50 hp tractor. NOTE When handling round bales with a loader be careful that the bale does not roll off the forks back onto the tractor and the operator. Never travel with the bale elevated any higher than just clearing the ground.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

No experience but that's a pretty small tractor to try moving round bales with, especially those hefty 4x6's, they gotta be close to the loaders absolute max lifting ability. I'd look for 15 more hp and another 500 pounds of tractor.

4. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

I have an L3710 that I use for moving hay. I don't do round bales. I've moved 25 square bales at a time with a carrier I slip on the forks. The tractor never felt tippsy but I never raised the loader far off the ground. I usually have the sickle bar on the rear and the tires are foam filled for extra weight. The foam probably adds another 500 lbs on the back.

5. jacksun

jacksun Active Member

you are going to be lifting the max weight for your tractor dont lift it high and your tractor wont last very long lifting those loads i would feel better using the 3pt hitch for those loads because the rear has more carring capacity.