Kubota B2630

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Wags, May 3, 2006.

1. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone have any experience with the Kubota B2630 tractor? My dad is trying to talk me into getting one. I will put it in my name, but he will make the payments and use it. (He doesn't want my mom to know he bought another yet another "toy").

Anything you particularly like or dislike about it?

Why you might ask are we buying a brand new tractor - a question I've asked myself a few dozen times already - and the answer is because it costs $285 a day to rent one and I basically have 5 acres of raw land that needs a lot of work. And my dad has wanted a tractor for a very long time and he can afford to get one that he likes - and we can't find a used one at a decent price. (Best one we found was half the price of a new one, but it was 27yrs old)

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..................Several years previous I purchased a B8200 4x4 which was 19 Hp , hydrostat , frontend loader and 4 foot boxblade . That was the most dependable tractor I've ever owned , barnone . Perform all the required maintenance and don't abuse it and it will last you along time . fordy... :)

3. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

We have a Kabota and love it. It has the front end loader on it, plus we have the shredder which we need to keep all the grass and weeds down, and the tiller for the garden. It works well for us, but we only have a couple acres.

4. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

These folks have great prices on Kubota's. They sell on-line and Ky is a long way from me, but their price was still better than any price I got within 200 miles of here. Do a Google search and compare prices.

http://www.barlowequipment.com/

Brady Barlow
    Barlow Farm Equipment
    Somerset KY

5. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

We have a Kubota, different model, with loader, backhoe, and bush hog. LOVE IT. It's a real work horse, dependable, and started easily in the winter time.
    This is our first tractor, though, so I can't compare it to any others.

6. Gunner0331

Gunner0331 Well-Known Member

I have a Kubota L4630 with logging winch, QA bucket, forks, mower and chipper. It's my third Kubota. Absolutely loved every one, but traded up twice because of the demands I put on them. They only get better. Maintenance is a cinch, dependability is rock solid, and you can find tons of online support at www.tractorbynet.com

Gunner

7. TundraGypsy

TundraGypsy Well-Known Member

Hubby purchased an L5030 Kubota this year; 4-wheel drive with roll bar. He took the roll bar off because it was hanging up in the trees in the orchard. Our property is on a sloping hillside and he loves how it handles. He's always had old, used tractors, and when they started needing too many repairs on them he purchased the Kubota.

8. Easttex

Easttex Member

LOL, you lucky guy. Get it. Kubota's are rock solid, incredibly reliable
    and overall have a very high quality of manufacture.

9. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

we have a 1974 use it everyday if we were to buy a new one it would be a kubota

10. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

This one has the folding ROPS that is very easy to move when going under trees.