Krone Baler

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by faber@ev1.net, May 10, 2005.

1. faber@ev1.net

faber@ev1.net New Member

I have a chance to purchase a used Krone baler and I want to know if anyone has experience using one.

Thanks
    Faber McMullen
    Navasota Texas

2. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

yep ,don't ! we bought one new and has been a great baler but now is old. tires alone are very pricy and some parts hard to get. one of the main line balers will do a better job and probably cost little more.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

M+W are essentially the same machine made in the USA, as said it is a good machine but Krones are orphans in most parts of N America and parts can be tricky, and expensive. That said it will bale silage or even green feed, or hay, you can get double twine tie, and net wrap, no electronics, and in good shape they really process hay well! We have a KR125, I'd look for a 130 or a 160 ministop myself. Best thing about them is the low hp needed, 50 honest hp will make them run fine. There are other cheap machines out there that are great machines. MF balers are real deals, most are just red Vermeers. Welger practically invented soft core balers and often sell very cheap, they are first rate machines.

4. 2story

2story Well-Known Member

I am a New Holland man myself

5. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

when we purchased our krone the new holland was moving from"lump makers " to the newer air bag regulated balers other wise we would have purchased the nh but were afraid of getting loose lumps of hay. the krone made a nice tight surfaced bale that shed water. next baler will be an older nh . they look better on blue tractors!

6. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

I have an old Krone. Owned it for years. For me it has been a great machine. Parts are not too readily available but then again all that I have ever needed was a bearing for the chain and it was off the shelf at the local bearing supply. I know of one other such baler and it was a rental. When the rental company sold it I thought it was worn out but the neighbor that bought it spent a few bucks on it and now does custom baling. The machine is cheap to own, super simple, requires minimal HP, and make a decent bale. The only thing that I have found that works better for me is rotational grazing and no or little baling. The cattle harvest for very cheap, need no hp or parts. Cattle bales aren't too good, out of round and flat and somewhat soupy. :)