kool aide question

Discussion in 'Goats' started by murphyjamie, Sep 30, 2006.

1. murphyjamie

murphyjamie Well-Known Member

I have read where some people actually put some koolaide in their water for their goats. these people claim it makes the water taste better and increases the goats water intake. do any of you do this and how much do you put in the water? Do you use the one with sugar or the sugar free etc?
    If it's ok and they like it I wouldn't mind doing it for mine just as a treat.

2. Debara

Debara Well-Known Member

Hi, We have given our goats some Gatorade and they love it. Mostly when they have been sick and will not drink water. A couple of times as a treat. We let them drink as much as they want. Which was not all that much, perhaps a 1/2 cup each. We only have two Pygmy Goats. Right now our two have been going through a couple of periods of not drinking water and we have no clue why?

3. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

After Hurricane Katrina we had to haul water from an artesian well for our goaties. They obviously became accustom to the spring water, because when our water came back on, our goaties turned their little goat noses up at it for about a week, drinking only a bare minimum, until they decided the spring water sourse had dried up and they had to drink what was available. Don't blame them, the spring water was ever so much better than what we get from the local water association.

Haven't tried giving mine kool aid, but I've got a big old spoiled rotten Saanan buck who pouts if he doesn't get his daily 'twizzler' fix....