Know your Knots, animated knot site

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Oilpatch197, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

2. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

Neat Site, Oilpatch!!!
    Thanks!!!
    I will keep it on favorites.

3. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks Oilpatch!

4. dale

dale Well-Known Member

When I was a kid and in the hospital (navy hospital) to keep me occupied there was a guy that taught knot tying. He taught me a knot called a Monkey's fist. I have forgotten how to tie it. they use it to throw a smaller rope with this knot tied on the end to the pier then tied to the other end is the heavy ropes that they tie the ships up with. It resembled a ball when tied correctly and had a weighted object in the center but you would not able to see it.

I wish I could find a way of learning how to tie it again.

dale

5. tooltime

tooltime Border Ruffian

6. I use to teach knot tieing in a Royal Rangers class. (Gods Army) I had a peice of plywood painted white with the names of about 12 different knots on it. I would give each boy a peice of rope to tie with. I would take a pointer and point at a knot and whichever boy tied that particular knot the fastest got to come up front and grab a peice of candy out of the candy bucket. Some of them boys were fast. In fact I had to make a rule that after 5 peices of candy you couldn't participate anymore. I had to do this so the slower or newest members would stand a chance.