Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the time of year that I buy my knockout roses. They grow here and put on a big display, so I like to have a few of them for color around the house.

All the local stores mark down the roses in the fall. I looked a couple of weeks ago and the knockouts were half price $10 marked down from $20. So I waited. The big markdown is when the blooms are off.

Yesterday the two gallon knockouts were $5. That's cheaper than buying bare root roses.

I picked out three double reds that looked really good except no flowers. I also took the only pink which looked less happy, but I can gamble with $5 if it doesn't make it through the winter.

I looked through all the other markdown plants but there wasn't anything good. Last year I got two blueberry bushes for $2.50 each.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also got a two gallon miniature rose in blush color for $3.50. I don't know if that can survive outside in my climate, but I will give it a try. I'm particularly fond of blush roses.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,107 Posts
Heading to Lowe's and Home Depot tomorrow!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I'm so tired of Knockout roses. All we see around here in every yard is the red ones. No other flowering plants of any kind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts