Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bought me the 3 round looms and started on a simple hat last night. I didnt get too far because I had to keep stopping for kids and phone and hubby I got about 3 rows done.
I had to undo it all once because it seemed like the yarn wasnt thick enough so I started over using 2 stands. It still looks pretty weird the parts between the pegs seem too long and it looks nothing like a knitted product. Will it look better as more rows are done?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It will look better the farther you get. Although the directions say to wrap the yarn loose, I would wrap it as tight as you can and still get the yarn over the peg easily. In another thread it seemed everyone that replied found that the knit was a lot looser than expected. However, I can do a large to x-large size hat in about 4 hours so the loose knit is a trade off that's worth it for me. Anyway you won't be able to see the ribbed pattern that it makes until you get further along and then things start shaping up in my experience.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ty emily I'll keep plugging along then :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
What ply of yarn are you using? That can really make a difference as well.

The Stitch you use can effect it too. The flat stitch will make it tighter then the e-wrap.

If, I use the e-wrap stitch on a KK I normal will pull out some kind of homespun yarn or thicker yarn (2 ply yarn 2/2 will also work just fine.) I just did an angora hat (that I spun two ply) on looms and it is nice and thick and tight.. If, you'd like to see it I posted a picture of it on here:

The hat and scarf (above) I did on a loom. Although, I did the scarf on a board (figure 8 stitch) and the hat I just did 2/2 e-wrap on a round loom.

Best of luck to you! Looms are a lot of fun and it's amazing what all you can make on them.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bricore
Im not sure what ply the yarn is its just that plain old red heart from wm. I didnt keep the wrap for it. I havent learned any stitches yet I was just going by the little book that came with the looms. The yarn Im using seems thin so Im using 2 stands at once. My next trip to town I'll look for thicker yarns ty. Your creations are very pretty, I love the bright green!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts