Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having pain in my knees - particularly the left one - for some time now, getting worse, and I'm trying to decide if it's a real problem or if it's just a consequence of getting old and trying to act like I'm still 20. :)

It's not the joint that hurts. It doesn't hurt to put weight on my knees. It's more a stiffness in the back of my knee. When I've been sitting for a while it hurts to extend my leg fully, and now lately it also hurts to bend it again when I've been standing for a while!

It was bad enough that last Sunday I was hobbling around like an old lady, but I did manage to play baseball at my son's event on Monday because once I get moving, the stiffness is better. But then it hurt to sit down in the car.

I say it's due to "trying to act like I'm still 20" because I have a habit of sitting with my legs crossed or one leg tucked beneath me - I do it without thinking, it's just the most comfy way for me to sit - but I fear this may be contributing to the pain in my knee, and if it is, it really ticks me off. I'm not ready to be old. :)

Very frustrating. Anybody been there, done that, have a clue? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Look up "patellofemoral syndrome". Does that sound like it fits? Knee pain after prolonged sitting ("movie-goer's pain") is a hallmark sign.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Can you feel any swelling or like a knot in the back of your knee? If so, could be a Bakers Cyst and that can be removed surgically. My Mother had this same problem many years ago and my nephew currently is deciding what to do about one that he has. It can cause alot of pain and lose of mobility in your knee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts