Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a Christmas gathering to go to Sunday so I cooked a turkey breast and ham on Sat. It was late and I didn't want to wait for it to cool, so I put it in the refrigerator while it was still really hot. Sunday I got up and the refrigerator wasn't real cool and the butter was kind of soft. I was afraid of the food so I threw it out and then bought and cooked more before the gathering. The freezer still seemed all right. We didn't come home until Monday afternoon and the food in the freezer was still icy but some was kind of soft. I thought the refrigerator was dead. On craigslist someone who is moving out of state was selling a 14 month old refrigerator for $375. He had paid over $800 for it at an appliance store in town that I think is overpriced. He sold me that refrigerator and another smaller older refrigerator for $350 total. This was on Tuesday. When I opened my old refrigerator before moving it, it was working again. I put a thermometer in it and it is cooling fine, so now I have three refrigerators. I'm putting the little one in a trailer we have and keeping two in the kitchen. We live so far from the grocery store they will all come in handy.

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
I hope that works well for you! I love having a spare fridge! I shop in bulk at Costco & sams, and it makes it easier to get the good deals and have them last!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts