Kids Due New Years Eve....

Discussion in 'Goats' started by farmmaid, Dec 23, 2004.

1. farmmaid

farmmaid Well-Known Member Supporter

We have been frantic packing to move, we have to leave Jan.18th. Our best doe is due @ the 31st of Dec. Sooooooooooo looking forward to the kids, nice break from our hectic schedule. She has had her CD/T shot and Bo-Se shot. This afternoon hubby turned on the camera to monitor her in the barn, love to hear all the barn noises in the night. This is her 4th kidding: twins, triplets and triplets. I am guessing 2 boys and a girl. Whatever we are blessed with will be welcomed. The rest of the ladies are due the middle of April. One more to breed to have longer milk time. I can not wait to hold the kids, I am "a cheap date" and proud of it...Joan ;)

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Good for you!! I think most of us goat lovers fall into that catagory..
    :haha:

3. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

How neat I am anxouisly awaiting for those babies here too.

4. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I my self will be having January babys...the 11th to be more precise..well hopefully...she probably will end up kidding like a day or to later.

MotherClucker

5. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

We have five kids now, born in the last couple of weeks. Right now, with it in the teens outside, and those kids spending another night in the washroom, I am promising myself no December babies next year! lol It'll warm up tomorrow, though, and all will be right with the world.
    Good luck on yours. I'm with you; kiddings are an exciting time!
    mary

6. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

You know Mary I never never make new years resolutions at least not in years, but am this year. NO more DEC, Jan and Feb kids every year I have had at least one born on the coldest night/early morn that We have had that year. DUH I know the people up north have it cold all the time, but goodness you would think here in TX we could have winter babies and not freeze our buns off :rolleyes: Well supposed to warm up some so hope my girl waits.

7. Pinehillfarm

Pinehillfarm New Member

I just had 4 today out of two does what a ejoyable sight one was while i watched. I love to see how God can create new life.

8. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

FarmMaid how is that doe that is due today? Did she already have them or do you think she will have them today?

MotherClucker

9. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I just went and picked up triplets, a doe of mine, Demi, who is used as a family milker, bred to my buck Angelo (his dam is a GCH 90 with her milk star, with a 91 and a 92 daugther in Tim Pruitt's herd, his sire was 4th place get of sire at the 2004 Nationals), so they are still Lonesome Doe gals and guys :) Two doelings which I will be selling one of when my March kids start coming, and a buckling, he is alot blonder than the girls, but they are all brown, silver ears, polls and noses one with a white splash. Mom's and excellent milker, as is her full sister Dallas, he is 4 sale with his purebred Nubian paperwork for 50$ cash.... you disbud/tattoo and feed) to the first person who comes and gets him. 281-592-6914 or vickilonesomedoe@hotmail.com Demi tested negative for CAE upon her sale and is the only goat who lives at their farm. They will be on grocery store milk starting tommorrow. So I will be bottle feeding babies unexpectedly :) Vicki

10. farmmaid

farmmaid Well-Known Member Supporter

No kids yet, today is 149 days. This is her 4th kidding and she is HUGE! Her record is twins, triplets and triplets. I NEED a "kid" to hug!!!!!...Joan :waa: