Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spirit of giving that seems to have affected this board, I am giving away 2 hand crocheted baby goat coats, pictured below (not certain of the colors).

Enter your name in a post below. The name will be drawn out of a hat by my 10 year old daughter on Nov. 21st (two weeks from today). I have many colors so I will just have her pick out two that she likes, so the colors will be a surprise.

The lucky winner's gift will be mailed shortly after the drawing. :)

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
That picture is darling! My kids have grown up so I don't need them, but I just wanted to comment on the picture and say how nice of you to make such a great gift for someone :) You are very talented!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sweet Babies, Thank you.
Here in the Pac NW, I always think rain slickers would be a good idea...smile.

·
Rattlin Rock Ranch
298 Posts
Those are very cute!!!! I'd like to throw my name in the hat!
I do have a question. hope it's ok to post it here. Are they better just for in house use? Or can they be used in the barn with bedding? Would they collect too much of it?
I was told many, many times that goats weren't to be in the house. But never got any complaints when they where in the house!! :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I never win a contest, so enter my 12 yo old DD's name instead of mine. :p
She thought the kids in the pic were so cute! And cant wait till our first doe kids at the end of this month.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sice they are saying this might be one of the coldest winters on record - I would like to throw my name in the hat for these cute kid coats! Thanks for being so generous!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are very cute!!!! I'd like to throw my name in the hat!
I do have a question. hope it's ok to post it here. Are they better just for in house use? Or can they be used in the barn with bedding? Would they collect too much of it?
I was told many, many times that goats weren't to be in the house. But never got any complaints when they where in the house!! :)

I would say they can be used inside and out. They tend to collect shavings more so than straw. Straw is easier to pick out as well. They are machine washable and machine driable. So they are easy to take off and wash quickly.

Keep the names coming. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you have a pattern you can share? I would love to make some and have ready for my babies. Look at the response! So many people admiring your handiwork. I think the nicest thing is the don't look like they could easily wiggle out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to show my 90 yr old Gramma this pic...She got herself "2 babys" that she tends...she will want some for her "babys"
Thank - You

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Those are just the cutest! and considering i have kids due in feb too--toss my name in!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts