Kid Count

Discussion in 'Goats' started by heinola honey, Feb 19, 2005.

1. heinola honey

heinola honey Well-Known Member

We are @ 2 buckings and a doe. My second doe of the three bianca gave birth to little a buckling this A.M. and everything is good. Annabelle and her twins are doing great after their rough start and now its Lizzie's turn she had triplets last year and she is big again this year maybe Quads?
    Let's here how everyone is doing in the Kid department so far!

2. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

We're done, and had a rather disappointing show, with 2/3 of the kids being bucks. :( We had two kiddings in December, netting three bucks and two does.
    Two more kiddings this week, with three bucks and only one doe.
    Also, with three of the goats being polled, we only got two polled kids, both bucks. :(
    Molly, who usually triples, had only one, a huge buck. The good news is, she adopted one of the triplets born the same night.

3. xbeeman412

xbeeman412 Well-Known Member

Well I dont count in the contending since we are comercial. So far here in Tx we have 16 does and 16 males. Dont know just how many kids we have had born on the oklahoma farm yet,5 was the last count.

Had a set of twins born preme and they both died and lost a doe after pulling 2 HUGE dead babys.

Looks like things are greening out in Oklahoma so may take these back sooner than planed.

God Bless

C & C

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I just have "ANTICIPATION"...no babies until late April...still very cold and snowy in MAine!

Still praying and hoping for 7 doelings and one buckling (to give to my neighbor) from my 4 girls. That's not asking too much, is it?? ;)

5. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

We have 5 Nubian does. Out of them we ended up with 4 does and 5 bucks. Which is very good for me because one doe is a stud fee, one doe is already sold and I planned to keep one. So now I plan to keep two! :D My best milker only had one big 'ol buck so she has fed a bummer lamb as well as some milk for us from soon after kidding.

Another good thing that came out of this kidding season is the two does (mother and daughter) that had twin bucks are going down the road. Very sweet girls, but the teats are terrible! My husband milked the daughter yesterday and he ended up with about a cup of milk after milking for 10 minutes at least. She has good capacity, but 2" teats and TEENY orifices. They need to go to someone's meat goat herd because they are very good moms.