kettle milkers

Discussion in 'Goats' started by fordson major, Jan 13, 2007.

1. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

in an effort too clean out some storage space, we will be getting rid of a bunch of milking equip. we were given a kettle milker setup for goats with a riteway model d-1 pulsator,anyone used this pulsator? we used surge pulsators and had never seen one like this! now too find where the other surge pulsator went! :p

2. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I know absolutely nothing about milking equipment - is it in useable condition as is? or does it need some obscure part that would require scouring farm auctions for miles around? :) How many goats can you milk at a time and would it work on itty-bitty Nigerians?

It might give me an excuse to come down east for a visit. :baby04:

3. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

well pooks i am not sure if the pulsator works! it would handle one full size goat and could handel a cow (extra shells) , even the sheep milkers we have would not fit a nigerian!! had them and did try but too big! according too our alpha dealer you can get specialty milkers for any mammal. could be set up for two goats but need a vac source (have a vac pump that is on the go list too but needing repair) should hook it up too the vac pump and see, have some surge pusators we rebuilt (parts easy too find even online i think)

4. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Fordie, I'd be really interested in getting this setup from you. How much are you asking, including shipping? PM me, okay? I have the air compressor, what would I need to make this work with it?