Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is going to happen at 7 pm ct..... This man killed 2 young kids (stabbed) and raped their sister/mother and the sister got away.

He fought for a long time against the "drug" cocktail but lost even to the supreame court.

Needless to say ( i live near the prison) this place is packed w/ news crews.. the woods near the prison are lit up like the day time!!

WE need to keep doing this and empty out the prisons!!:flame:

·
Jhn Boy ina D Trump world
2,411 Posts
I say line them up and pass around the purple kool-aid!!!! If our society would start making people accountable for their actions it would deter a lot of this senseless mayhem going on.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
IF our society would kill the scum of society in a proper manner instead of putting them to "sleep" maybe so called scum would think twice about doing the crime. But then maybe not. I just have a hard time thinking about that they get their "rights" to a death that is not cruel. :flame:

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
I can't help but wonder if it would be a little more 'just' to re-enact what happened to their victims - on the perpetrator.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
yes I think they should die in the way their victims died. I just don't get it though....you have serial killers and known sociopaths....people you know there is NO chance of rehabilitating. If they get out they ARE going to kill again. And yet we think the best thing to do is lock them up....where there's always a chance of them getting out. WHY?

·
Amanda
1,138 Posts
yes I think they should die in the way their victims died. I just don't get it though....you have serial killers and known sociopaths....people you know there is NO chance of rehabilitating. If they get out they ARE going to kill again. And yet we think the best thing to do is lock them up....where there's always a chance of them getting out. WHY?

I agree with you. The problem is the system is soooo messed up. My dad works at a prison. There was a man to be executed. He decided to kill himself. Well, he didn't do a good enough job. The DOC took him to the State hospital, made sure that he got better, and then killed him. I mean come on! Why make him better before you kill him? :cool:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
In the old days, executions were done in the public square as a deterrent for the rest of the town....now if you commit a crime you have more rights than the general population. How did we get so messed up?

G

·
I have a different opinion..
It has never made any sense to me that in modern society with super-prisons that it would ever be necessary to kill anyone via the death penalty..a death-for-a-death in this modern society IMHO isn't moral..removing a murderer from society by incarceration is prudent, reasonable and "just" .

Before the 19th century, it made sense to have capital punishment..not now. To my knowledge, the USA is the only Western Civilization country left which opts for capital punishment.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I say line them up and pass around the purple kool-aid!!!! If our society would start making people accountable for their actions it would deter a lot of this senseless mayhem going on.

Forget the kool-aid.

Rope, thirteen wrap noose, trap door. Repeat as neccissary. And again.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
I have a different opinion..
It has never made any sense to me that in modern society with super-prisons that it would ever be necessary to kill anyone via the death penalty..a death-for-a-death in this modern society IMHO isn't moral..removing a murderer from society by incarceration is prudent, reasonable and "just" .

Before the 19th century, it made sense to have capital punishment..not now. To my knowledge, the USA is the only Western Civilization country left which opts for capital punishment.
yes but then WE have to support them! WE are the ones who suffer if they get out! WHY is it ok for them to sit back and never worry about making a house payment or where their next meal is going to come from? They're not productive members of society...they're leeches. I don't see what part of that is reasonable to society....to them yes but as it is they have more rights than we do. They sit there protected from the family members of those they many times tortured horrifically but what about their victim? Didn't they have the right to be safe from some monster? And I honestly think that a LARGE part of the problems that society has today is because we are so "modern."

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Surprisingly, it's actually MORE expensive to execute than it is to house a person in prison for the rest of their lives. That part of the system is absurd and one of the main reasons I'm against the death penalty as it stands. Change the cost and I might have to change my opinion.

I wonder if theft would go down if you lost a finger for every time you were caught? I've thought of some interesting crime deterrents in my day...

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
yes but then WE have to support them! WE are the ones who suffer if they get out! WHY is it ok for them to sit back and never worry about making a house payment or where their next meal is going to come from? They're not productive members of society...they're leeches. I don't see what part of that is reasonable to society....to them yes but as it is they have more rights than we do. They sit there protected from the family members of those they many times tortured horrifically but what about their victim? Didn't they have the right to be safe from some monster? And I honestly think that a LARGE part of the problems that society has today is because we are so "modern."
I agree and they all Live better than most of alot of us here in the outside that work our tales off most days.
If all of our states had the death penalty there would most likely be less crime. Society makes it too easy for people to get away with all kinds of crimes. Why is it our job to support hardened criminals with our hard earned money when we have honest, good people that are having trouble putting a roof over there families heads & food on the table?

G

·
I've worked in max and super-max prisons..

Do they live "better" than some law-abiding citizens? Sure..do I support that? Nope..IMHO, convicted murders ought to be sentenced to "life at hard labor without any possibility of parole" eat gruel 3 times a day, and in general, have humane environment as far as a bed and blankets..they deserve nothing more.The system has gone nutty IMHO..I will never support the death penalty, but I do NOT support cable TV, Gym equipment , conjugal visits, and college classes for incarcerated violent offenders.

·
Once I was seven years old
3,046 Posts
WWJD? I'm really not one to thump someone else's bible, but where do we ultimately draw the line? According to the old covenant, we must take a "life for a life". The bible also says we must kill adulterers. Why are adulterers not on death row? Is it OK to follow only some instructions and not follow up on the others? I haven't searched for what God says to do about leeches on society. Do you think we should start killing adulterers too? I guess this is one of the many reasons I drifted away from the church, when I quit having religion force-fed to me. Forgive me for injecting religion into this thread, I'm just curious as to why it would be OK to do one thing that is commanded and then turn a blind eye to the other. Personally I don't think adulterers should die. Let God sort 'em out. But are we all just as guilty as a whole if we let it go on and do nothing about it? Why do we not just let God sort out the murderers too? Just because I think one way doesn't make it right. Why do you think your thoughts should make you right? Are you the ultimate judge and juror? Just some questions to think about.

Mods - feel free to delete these lingering questions from my mind.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Surprisingly, it's actually MORE expensive to execute than it is to house a person in prison for the rest of their lives.

:flame:That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of......I'm not saying it is not true......just stupid! It is expensive because they WANT it expensive. This is one of the main arguements that anti-death penality folks use!!!! :flame: I can solve that problem..........

A hit of electricity string enough to kill......$40
A peice of rope hung from a tree..............$10
A bullet..............................................$2
knowing my sister's killer pays..................priceless

·
Registered
676 Posts
A hit of electricity string enough to kill......$40
A peice of rope hung from a tree..............$10
A bullet..............................................$2
knowing my sister's killer pays..................priceless
I know how you feel.

They should only get one appeal and then the family of the victims should be the one to put them down.

I don't see how it can be more expensive to put them down then to keep them for years on death row.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
How many innocent people should we accept being killed by the state so we can kill the ones who need killing? Is it ok if we only kill one innocent man? Ten? A hundred?

Never happens? Unfortunately it does. There have been around 225 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the US and around 17 so far have been on death row. Is it ok to have the state kill 17 people just so they can kill others who may be guilty?

I'm not opposed to the death penalty in principle. I not only support it but I think it should be carried out in public and even be televised. The problem is that our "justice" system right now is so broken, so hideously corrupt and so fundamentally flawed that the state has no business whatsoever killing anyone convicted in it.

Until there is serious reform in the courts, prisons and law enforcement and all capital cases are thoroughly examined we shouldn't be carrying out executions. Unless of course everyone is cool with killing innocent people in the process. If society is cool with sentencing innocent people to death and the state carrying out that sentence then have at it.

www.innocenceproject.org if you're interested in more information about the subject.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts