Kentucky wooded land ~ $1200/ac. OBO

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by QBVII, Aug 14, 2006.

1. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

119 wooded acres in southern Hopkins County. Located between Nortonville and St. Charles on Powell Rd., this land is a hunter's paradise or perfect for a home place. The land is rolling in the front and levels off at the back with several creeks and streams flowing throughout. The timber was cut 25 years ago and is nearing maturity again. Asking $1200 an acre or best offer. Water and electric are easily accessible. Call 270-821-5117 or 270-339-7822. You can also email me at tdoster@vci.net.

I'm posting this ad because there are often people wanting to know about land. This sounds good to me and you could probably get it for 1K/acre or less.
    This isn't my land and I don't know these people.
    Just thought there might be people here, looking, who might want to know about it.

Here is a plat map that goes with the ad:

[​IMG]

2. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

here is some KY land for $364 an acre down side limited water looks as though it was logged 15 years ago only 10% or so is level and cleared. worst yet no mineral rights and ATV trails.$364 an acre- 539 acres for $196,000!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.landandfarm.com/lf/s/63/80641.asp

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

dont this belong under barter board under real estate

4. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

I don't know....I figured since it isn't mine and I have no connection to it I'd post it here. Lots of people post on this board asking about land, instead of going to the barter board.

5. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

land that hs been logged 25 years ago is no where near having mature trees on it, ready for be logged again. what it has is small weak trees and lots of underbrush. just fyi. :)

6. suitcase_sally

suitcase_sally Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree. One of my properties was logged in 1964 and is just now getting some good sized trees on it - white oak, red oak, elm, ash, cherry, poplar.

That land will probably have alot of "weed trees" & scrub oaks. Not much good for anything.

No mineral rights? Big downer. Who has the mineral rights? Can they start removing minerals? (sand?)

Asking prices is not selling price. I purchased a 113 acre piece about 5 years ago - asking price $160,000. Bought it for $80,000. Nearly square with frontage on two paved roads, 2 miles from a river.