Keep Fingers Cross

Discussion in 'Goats' started by AllWolf, Nov 27, 2006.

1. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

I'm keeping my fingers cross to bred my Lamacha Doe she came in season today but have to wait til tomorrow to get her stud to her. She caught all of us off guard so hope to goodness she still be in tomorrow also.

Wish us luck.. She a great milker. :)

2. LadyofTheBarn

LadyofTheBarn I Love My Dairy Goats <3

Hopefully she'll stay in season! I have two of my does down with a stud about a half hour from our place. They should be staying there for about a week until they come into heat and are bred. It's very nerve-racking for me to have to worry about how someone else is taking care of my goats! But i'm fully confident the stud's owner knows what she's doing, so that is good solace.

Best wishes,
    Allison

3. HappyFarmer

HappyFarmer Well-Known Member

Good Luck. Then the waiting starts.

Most of our waiting will be over beginning of January. Can't wait.
    HF

4. AllWolf

Very disappointing morning. I feel like just :Bawling: my eyes out. My doe went out of season of what I can tell. No more tail flagging, yelling like crazy or trying to ride the others. Guess have to wait another 21 days or so. Oh well maybe better luck next time. At least may have one goat bred so far.

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

That's too bad. She doesn't stay in too long, then?

Polly, my big Saanen, came into heat on Sunday, lots of "talking" - and fidgeting. She put her foot in one of the buckets. :flame: Yesterday, she was letting the whole county know and this morning she was still blatting a bit. :p I don't want to breed her for a couple of months yet, trying to time it so that she dries up just about the time the other two kid (early April, I think). They were in heat at the same time as her last one, and I haven't seen any signs in them this time - so keeping fingers crossed!

Best of luck with your next try!

6. AllWolf

pookshollow I sure was hoping she stay in longer but didn't. :Bawling: I was hoping to get it over with but oh well maybe next time. At least I may have one goat pg and got another goat that I will be getting after she kids is pg. I get both the mom and kids. Hoping for all does.. :) If when do have babies they will be born in March and April.. YEE but I wanted this doe bred this month but have to wait now until later in Dec. Oh well hope it doesn't snow then when she comes back in.. LOL. I talked to a friend of mine and said next time it be a big snow. I said I sure hope not.

pookshollow good luck on your breeding :) and to everyone else also. :) Fingers are crossed.

7. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Polly is the "easy" one to spot. :p She's normally very, very quiet so when she starts talking . . . Sara, who didn't get bred last year, is very difficult to spot. Fortunately, I have Polly's buckling from this year still, so I didn't have to guess and haul her anywhere to a buck. Angel is also easy, she jumps on anybody and anything (including the buck!) - she's been bred to the buckling as well.

Oooo, wouldn't want kids arriving in March up here - not in my cold barn! It can still be down around 0 F in early March. Of course, it's not unheard of to have huge snowstorms in early April either . . . :rolleyes: