Kabota question

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Big Dave, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

I have picked up a yard to mow using thier equipment. It is a kabota with a belly mower and they have a front end loader on it. Right before I came on this scene they had just put a new radiator on this machine, because (according to them ) it would over heat. I have used it three times so far and it got hot the last time I used it. It was also 90 plus degrees outside that day. Here is the question. Would the front end bucket and the belly mower both on this largest lawn tractor be too much for the size of the radiator to keep the engine cool in the safe zone. Should I suggest to them to put in a better tempreture gauge so to know the exact temp? They do not make a bigger radiator.They wiil not take the bucket off. Thanks for any replies I will check back for them.
    TRUTTH & MERCY Big Dave

2. Esteban29304

Esteban29304 Well-Known Member

This may sound stupidly simple, but check it out.
    My ladyfriends' diesel mower with a Yanmar diesel will start trying to overheat after a few uses. Problem has always been that the dirt, cut grass, etc., is drawn back toward the radiator by the fan. BE SURE that the screen in front of the radiator, & the rdaiator fins are cleaned after every use. That has been the only problem with hers'

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

Hey I will check that out. thanks for your imput

4. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

If the radiator isnt blocked it could also be the thermostat isnt opening all the way. I wouldnt think just having a mower and a bucket on at the same time would be too much for the tractor

5. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Check the air filter, if it's starved for air it will over heat.

6. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

big dave, verify that the coolant level in the radiator remains full and let us know. Determine that the fan V belt is snug, with the loader mounted, the belt is difficult to access and it could be slipping without realizing that it is.

7. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Another thought, the front or leading edge of the mower deck needs to be slightly lower than the rear of the deck when in the mowing position. Positioning in this manner will greatly reduce the HP required to pull the blades. Traveling too fast and in high grass also increases the load to the engine. Both of the above will create additional heat since the engine will have to work much harder. Dull blades is another load to the engine! What HP is the engine and what width cut is the mower?

8. Dave S.

Dave S. Well-Known Member

Forget about the loader, it isn't causing any problems, unless you're raising it up and down as you drive around the lawn. Keep the radiator clean and adjust your mowing speed. If that doesn't help you may have another mechanical problem, such as a bad water pump, or the aforementioned thermostat. Check to see that the fanbelt is tight also.

9. Gideon's War

Gideon's War Well-Known Member

I just had this problem with my kubota. There is a screen in front of the radiator that you need to pull out and clean off the grass. My mower just got real hot and was on the H. I've never cleaned it before as I never saw it before. Runs like a champ now.

10. travis91

travis91 Formerly 4animals.

it happens to us to on our b7300 we have a 60" belly mower we stop every 30-45 min. to clean the screen my dad was gonna make a rubber flap to mount in front of the mower to keep the stuff from blowing!