Just Too Good to Pass On

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Feb 12, 2005.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Found a small lot by the lake on a hillside,down in a holler,good roads,not many restrictions,electric at the property.Gated,Store walking distance.

I put a $100 bid on it,the Guy I talked to said I should get it.If I do I'll build me a house up there,sell out here.

Maybe this is what the Lord wants,he knows I like it up there and there is more jobs.Some of the best Hunting and Fishing in the state there. :D

big rockpile

2. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

:eek: Is that $100 deposit or is that the purchase price of the land? How small is "small lot"? :)

3. pcwerk

pcwerk Well-Known Member Supporter

Great! Good luck Rockpile.
    James in Houston

4. big rockpile

The lot is kind of a Pie shape 80' at one end,180' at the other end,180' long.$100 is the total price.

big rockpile

5. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

where is up there and howd ya find this piece of property?

_Neal

6. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

A lot like the one you put a bid on would fetch between $120,000 - $150,000 across the street from me....on the lake.

Sure you're not pulling our leg. This is way too cheap, even for the Ozarks.

7. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

I gotta know - what's "down in a holler" mean? Does it mean the land is down in a valley where if you holler, your voice echoes? Or???

Well if this is true Rockpile, you have got yourself an incredible chunk of land for an unheard of price. There's road access right to it? What about lake access? Is there a well or is water piped in?

8. big rockpile

Its up by Warsaw,on Truman Lake,its down what I call a normal hill on good Gravel Road,the lot I say is on a hillside but there is a level area that we can doze out for a house,plus another area that would be good for a drive.

The reason I can get it so cheap is they are paying Taxes and up keep on the road,people are buying better lots,these 4 just an't selling,I heard someone else bidded $100 on the same lots,got them,then backed out because the Guys MIL didn't want to move there.

big rockpile

9. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds WONDERFUL! You can always build into the hill with a walkout downstairs, and one upstairs.
    :haha: :)

10. big rockpile

Sheperd I'm going to have a Well Drilled,there is about 4 different Lake Accesses close by,couple miles from the Dam where some of the biggest Cats are caught regularly,said to be Spoonbill Capital of the world.Something like 50,000 acres Hunting Land around the lake.

big rockpile

11. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

Well, they say if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.