Just sayin' hello

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by milkstoolcowboy, Jul 27, 2005.

1. milkstoolcowboy

milkstoolcowboy Farmer

Been a long time since I checked in on this board. My wife was badly injured in a car accident in late March, and after spending six weeks in the hospital, she is going for physical therapy 6 days a week. Been a challenge keeping up without her, doing her chores and trying to keep up in the house. She's able to walk without trouble now and do some light chores, so she's coming out of it alright.

Fortunately, one of my boys took the summer off and brought his two boys with him, so I've had a crew for most of the summer. All done with oat combining and got the straw up and all second crop hay and will start on third crop this week. Been a hot summer here and we had 5.5 inches of rain in a little over 3 hours on Monday morning. That rain took care of the soybean aphids and leaf hoppers in the alfalfa, but sure washed out a lot of roads.

Hope you all are doing OK and Jeff I hope your heifers are coming along fine. Try to get back on here in a few days.

2. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I was just wondering about you the other day. Please keep us informed of you wife's progress and I am very happy to hear that your son and kids were able to help you out.

3. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Great to hear from you, but saddened by your troubles. I had wondered where you were.