Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not bad for organic eh :cool: It's in the pot now.....

and sorry for such a bad photo, its very hard to get a any kind of shot of my little yellow birds:

·
Adventuress--Definition 2
4,174 Posts
Bet I could guess the variety, if I hadn't given away the last of my packet. I also just picked a few "ears". Ha! No rain, poor pollination and I am not impressed; the 2nd batch doesn't look too promising either. However, my 8 Blue Hopi plants have huge, wonderfully full ears (2 per) developing; from 10 seeds to 100+ saved for another day...

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny thing was, I wasnt expecting to get any ears, but I've got about 12 ears off of 6 plants----I jsut stuck some old seeds in the ground out of curiosity and for use as halloween decoration. Heh, I'm blessed this year.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
LOL Cresindo ME TOO!! cute lil bird

·
Premium Member
23,924 Posts
I don't know how you had the self-control to get it into the house! I'm with Cresindo and Mamahen. It would have gone into ME, not the pot! :)

And that is an adorable bird!

Pony!

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
I see that is a bicolor corn. Is it 'Peaches and Cream'? How is it for taste? looks good on the pick. Mine also is growing organic. Just the first few were picked to test. Nice to have it fresh from the garden like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.