Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Haney Family Sawmill
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to install a Chimney Liner cutting down the chimney diameter to 6 inches but this is a modern Gasifier unit that should pretty well heat the house.
I am amazed with the Chimney people that I am a customer and have the money but of those I contacted they are not very eager to get the job. I am qualified and able but would rather farm out the job, but the companies just don't need the work.

·
Saltine American
6,597 Posts
Nice.

You get that in Cookeville?

LOL, a cook stove from Cookeville

Reactions: DAVID In Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Nice stove, but I know what you mean about trying to get people to do work...

The guy that just bought the oil well on my property has to bring in a dozer to get a berm around the oil tanks. I also need some dozer work done so I talked to the guy.... probably about $1000 worth.

What better deal for the guy? He gets paid to bring his dozer here, that he has to bring in anyway... You'd think he' try and get to it sooner than the other wells he has, because at least for this one, he'll be making money... Nope.. no big hurry...

·
Saltine American
6,597 Posts
Nice Stove!

·
Registered
11,418 Posts
Ooooh! I wanna be your Mom! :)

·
Haney Family Sawmill
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a Call this morning and will get the stove tomorrow.
Headed to town to get chimney brushes to start on the flue. I am going to try to document the build since I am having to completely line the flue and have to build the hearth and wall treatment.
Got to get the bathroom plumbing done first.

·
Haney Family Sawmill
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Some of the things I found along the way.
First of all I had to sweep the chimney by myself since the people who does this is over priced and for the most part plain arrogant.
Found that the thimble was four foot long and the chimney was in great shape. Had to tuck the bricks on top and am installing a cap. So here is Moms stove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts