Just joining in the group!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by longhorngal, May 16, 2006.

1. longhorngal

longhorngal Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been on WW points program for 2 weeks this coming Thursday. Glad you all have a Thursday weigh in. My husband and I are doing this at home. We did the program several years ago and lost about 20 lbs each and I kept about 1/2 of mine off. Never did lose all I needed to though.
    Anyway, my daughter took a picture of me on my horse and I couldn't believe I looked so awful! Poor little mare having to pack me around!
    So, I'm really commited to losing the pounds for several reasons but that picture put me over the edge!

Cara

2. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Hi Cara,

There are quite a few of us on WW in here. My husband and I, like you, are doing it at home. Not driving into town for the meetings but we're both doing fairly well (he's dropping weight a little more rapidly than me).

My motivation for losing was similar to yours. Last summer my brother and his kids were at the beach with me and my son. He had a video camera. One evening we sat and watched the video's from that day on the beach.
    My melt down was severe.......... I know what you went through with that picture. :(

Welcome to the forum. :)

Jill

3. longhorngal

longhorngal Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the welcome, Jill!
    No, I'm glad there are no beaches in Oklahoma :) . I won't wear a bathing suit right now anyway. Another incentive as the kids are still at an age where they would like me to get in the pool with them!
    It's going really well right now...since I finally got over the headaches of the first week. I'm getting in 2 miles at the track 3 or 4 days a week...hope to make that everyday once the kids get out of school.

Cara

4. kymountainman

kymountainman Active Member

Welcome Longhorngal-glad to have u aboard!! I'm pretty new too but it sure is doing me a world of good-and congrats on your loss this week-may u have many more ha ha!!

5. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Longhorngal. Welcome to the board. Always glad to add another buddy to the bunch. I know what you mean about the "moment of truth". For me it was walking up to mirrored doors at the store and seeing my sister (13 yrs older and a lot heavier than me all her life) instead of me. When did I get that fat!!! :eek: I'm headed the right direction now, even if it is slow. ;) Anyway, I'm happy that you've joined us.