...just helping a friend stay connected

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Slev, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Slev

Slev Well-Known Member Supporter

My friend Willowbarn has lost her computer to the big repair room in the sky for the next few weeks, so I thought it might be a good idea just to let her know what all she is missing while it is down.

I have just drank a big ol ice cold Dr. Pepper. One of those glass bottles that really frost up on the outside and keep the drink cool and fresh tasting, not like those plastic bottles you see everywhere. And I have to admit, while I'm typing this I'm eating one of her favorite snacks, ...a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll. (shame she can't read this right now, this Little Debbie tastes soooo good.....)

oh and ps. I just clipped my toe nails

2. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Ah geez, thanks....

BTW, who's Willowbarn?

3. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

I could have done without the toenail part...unless it is somehow connected to the Dr. Pepper? :shrug:

4. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

Dr. Pepper and Little Debbie, that sounds illicit....
    I have to remember those two. And here I am accusing my husband at times of having a RC and moonpie mentality. If he finds this one out he will say, but, but, but the people on the forum...you are undermining my efforts of feeding him healthy.

5. Slev

This morning I woke up to the sounds of my roosters crowing, logged on to HT and watched as the dawn brought light to my giant maple trees outside my window. Weather looks good for the day, but need to check on my water tank for the livestock.

Tonight is a unit meeting for our re-enacting group, and I need to make some quick panals out of pvc for a dog demo this weekend.

.....and I thought you all would be filling this thread with near worthless information, or filling it with things thats going on that would make her feel like she is REALLY missing out on things...... hey, what are friends for! ahhhh she'll be getting her computer back in just a few more days. Then she'll be able to log on here and see what she missed.

6. bjba

bjba Drifter

Tabitha:

RC, Moon pies, and a bag of salted peanuts supply every nutritional need known to good ole boys. Dang woman, someone has mislead you badly. Just be sure to add the occasional tin of sardines and tube of saltines and healthy living and eating is assured.

7. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

Big deal LOL. I'm starting a big pot of pinto beans. You might be "hearing" from me later.

8. Slev

yes, but no one has mentioned the food of the Gods,...... spray can cheese

9. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

What I want to know is...where the heck did you get the glass bottle of Dr. Pepper? Other than the little mini-Cokes and "gourmet" soft drinks like Jones, I haven't seen glass pop bottles since I was a kid!

10. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

Texas.

11. Slev

I'm talking to her right now on the phone, and I really think she is freaking out about not having a computer. I think she is talking about digging a spiderhole somewhere in Montana and living off the land.

I spent yesterday up at the quad cities @ the scottish festival, long drive home..... slept all day

12. willowbarnfarm

willowbarnfarm Member

Thanks to all that kept me informed of the goings on in your lives, and man, I did miss my computer and all your company here on HT-loved the bean comment-By the way SLEV-as for YOU....you go right ahead and eat that little debbie and the glass bottled Dr.Pepper-enjoy it while you can-when TSHTF, I'll be nice and warm in my SPIDER HOLE and where will you be? Standing in line at Wally World waiting for the next shipment of WATER TO COME IN!!!!!! LOVE YA!