Just Have Them!!!

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by chicamarun, Jan 19, 2007.

1. chicamarun

chicamarun Well-Known Member

Ok - due date was estimated starting on the 14th if they bred the 1st day they were exposed to the rams.

Last year we had 2 that were preg. - the other 2 watched..... :rolleyes:

They were both early! So I prepared for around the 9th since those 2 are HUGE and since we added 10 new ones I don't "know" them.

We pasture birth - but it's still frustrating! Especially since it was gorgeous around the 9th - and now it's cold and windy. Now about 3 look like they are about to burst.

Just have the lambs!!!!!

Will probably have them on Tuesday while I'm at a conference..... :cool:

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Ive got 17 that are doing me the same way. If their udders get any bigger they will explode! LOL Its been 159 days since I put the ram in, so somebody better DO SOMETHING!!!!

Good luck and have all twins!!

3. chicamarun

I have one dorset who is shorter than the rest - and I swear the moment the babies drop she won't be able to walk since she is just way too huge! She reminds me of a little box because she likes to scratch her head against a board therefore has no wool on top of her head!

Looks like one dropped yesterday as she's lower now - but dang if she isn't as far away from the barn as can be at the same time so I can't see anything!

Good luck on yours!!! I swear I need a barn cam next season!

4. Bearfootfarm

One down, 16 to go!! Of course she waited until I had to go somewhere, but when I got back she had twin rams!! They were born between 10 and 11 this morning Ill get some pics in a little while

5. chicamarun

I just read it! Congrats!!! I keep looking!

6. Bearfootfarm

I had another set of twins last night. Pretty little ewes!! This one waited until about 11 PM so I was up late. 15 more now!

7. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I'm waiting too.. and waiting .. and waiting. Been having serious predator problems so gave up and ran all the sheep into the indoor riding arena. Not exactly pasture birthing, but it's clean, dry, SECURE, and I don't have to worry about them off hiding in the brush.