Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

You can put silly hair on a cat, but it's still evil.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't believe that when I clicked on the blue wig pic, uhm..
they are sold out of that model.

What, why didn't I THINK OF THAT???? arrghh, people payin 50 bucks for a cat wig?

In this economy???

arrrggghhh, I know, mice need wigs too..less material, less expensive to make, charge half as much..I'm gonna get RICH! RICH I tell ya!

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I couldn't believe that when I clicked on the blue wig pic, uhm..
they are sold out of that model.

What, why didn't I THINK OF THAT???? arrghh, people payin 50 bucks for a cat wig?

In this economy???

arrrggghhh, I know, mice need wigs too..less material, less expensive to make, charge half as much..I'm gonna get RICH! RICH I tell ya!
I thought this was a joke. Are you telling me that people actually pay for this carp?! OK, I'm selling boiled icecream. Three flavors, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Only $15.00 a pint for this gourmet delicasy. I ship it frozen, you simply heat to a gentle boil on your range or in the microwave. Mmmm, yummy. :icecream: *Sorry no international, po or APO shipping*

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they do pay for it..and I believe you can get the blue model in curly but they only have two left.
Insanity.

But that is what I think too when people buy FAKE HORSE TAIL Extensions for horse shows..at 100-300 per tail.
My horse has a perfectly good tail, no need to fake it up especially in this economy.

G

·
I thought this was a joke. Are you telling me that people actually pay for this carp?! OK, I'm selling boiled icecream. Three flavors, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Only $15.00 a pint for this gourmet delicasy. I ship it frozen, you simply heat to a gentle boil on your range or in the microwave. Mmmm, yummy. :icecream: *Sorry no international, po or APO shipping*
You'd better be careful, when I came out with my "Instant water, just add water" idea a few years ago, I received more orders than I could fill, and had to sub out a portion of the business. The subcontractor, seeing that I was over a barrel, charged me more than I was getting, and as a result, instant water nearly broke me.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
You know, it's all right to have pets and to love them. But when people start thinking of their pets as children - and go to this level, there is something VERY WRONG!

More of a case of they lost what is really reality or fantasy.

Kind of reminds me of a tv show I just saw where people buy dolls, dress them up, carry / wheel them around in a stroller, actually have nursery's set for them and even "change" them and "feed" them everyday.

The lady that makes these lifelike dolls had a miscarriage and she hand makes these dolls and sells them ranging from the hundreds to the thousands. They even have doll "shows" where people travel across the country where they can "adopt" their new little "child".

And oddly enough, the husband sometimes even goes along with it. But when you see a lady with a stoller with her doll in it, and stops to pick it up and passers by stop to say how cute the "baby" is and then realize it's just a doll and gives the "mother" a strange look - meanwhile, the "mother" is oblivious to the fact, and when the news show actually asked them about their "strange" hobby, they say it's not hurting anything.

I'm sorry, but if your live revolves around a doll and caring for "it's" need like a child - actually pretending it's a child, something isn't "right" there either!

·
Banned
7,802 Posts
It makes them happy. It's all cool. The world is full of people who are "not quite right" and live in some kind of fantasy world - some of them are happy with it, but some of them aren't and are trapped in a world of misery. If resorting to childhood fantasies and dressing up dolls and pets is what makes them happy and they aren't harming anyone, then let them do it. Everyone deserves some happiness. If other people cater to their fantasies by making wigs and clothing for dolls and animals, that's okay too - they're making somebody else happy and they're happy making a profit for themselves too.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
I don't have any real problem with some folks treating their cats as their children.

It's the folks who treat their cats as though they were their girlfriends that bothers me a bit.

G

·
I don't have any real problem with some folks treating their cats as their children.

It's the folks who treat their cats as though they were their girlfriends that bothers me a bit.
I've got a pic that would be perfect to post here in answer to that but I might get in trouble. :eek: (it's not dirty, just suggestive).

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Hey, that looks like my fourth grade teacher :)

In this economy???
The mentality behind products like this is WHY we're "in this economy".

EWW!!! BRAIN BLEACH, BRAIN BLEACH!!!!!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I've got a pic that would be perfect to post here in answer to that but I might get in trouble. :eek: (it's not dirty, just suggestive).
I've got one too. Wonder if we've got the same. Mine is about killing kittens. Not really appropriate for this board but it would make a new man out of Oggie. Too bad we don't have a "beating a dead cat" smilie. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts