Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..if anyone else has considered teaching their family to graze so dinner time doesn't cut into the quilting time. I swear..I fed them last night and they expected it again tonight! Of course, maybe the couple feet of snow discouraged them from the grazing idea.... hmmm....

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
ROFL MacaReenie! What a great idea.

Glad you're posting; welcome to the forum (posting that is). It will be nice to have you join in.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Well now we're empty nesters now, and when I'm busy quilting (by golly I consider it a hard days work!) and dinner time rolls around catching me by surprise, I usually send hubby out for dinner, or I whip up a pizza, which is fast and easy because I always have dough in the fridge.

But I like that grazing idea. I think I'll suggest it next time. :D

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
What, you don't have a box of cereal around? When I am busy Dh knows that's what he gets - or he can fix his own, it's his choice.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just sprayed coffee on my monitor when I read this. I said almost the same thing to DH last evening. He came into the room where I had all my stash laid out trying to figure what I would use for my next quilt.

There are just the two of us and I always have something in the fridge that I can pop into the microwave.

·
Registered
109 Posts
They graze and expect more. Hubby has learned that if I am busy with a project he can usually tell when to not bother and he slinks up the stairs and finds something--there are plenty of things to heat from the fridge or throw in the oven from the freezer--I try to have casseroles made and froze for such times. It did make me laugh thinking about it. I visualized snarling and clawing motions like a cat--back off I am busy!!!

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
I used to never have time to sew b/c I was cooking so...on Sunday, we rotate. I only cook every 3rd Sunday. My son & hubby are the other two. Some meals are not the best but I don't complain. I told them when we started, pb&j were fine. I did some extra cooking over the holidays so I'm off until February. I even got one small nine patch top done and working on another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts