just caught my eye

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by myersfarm, Jan 18, 2005.

1. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

noticed on the front page that ...raising rabbits for profit..... had more post then cattle did ...rabbits 6757 cattle 5869 also they had more threads......rabbits 1310 cattle 729...now i know what the old man that talked to me when i got in the cow business he said.....raise the ones you like because....nobody makes money on cows every year....wonder how many round bales a hay you would need to feed a rabbit thought the winter...lol...lol no true cattle man here...

2. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

Just had a vision of hundreds of bunnies bawling for their feed !!!
    I'm sure my neighbors would rather we had wabbits too, but i like my cows !!!
    :)

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

I don't need rabbits for pets, we have toooooo many darn wild ones in the fields. While im cutting they scatter, toooo many of the critters.

Jeff

4. Wanda

Wanda Well-Known Member

Those tiny little round bales in the 50lb bag are way to expensive for me :p The price for one of those little headgates or the tiny milkers must cut into the profit quickly!!!!

5. Jim in MO

Jim in MO Well-Known Member

And can you imagine how hard it would be to milk one by hand?????? I think I'll keep my Jersy and Short horn thank you very much..... :haha:

6. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I tried raising rabbits for profit a few years ago. Neither I nor anyone I knew who had rabbits then consistently made any profit from them.