Just bought a baby moniter

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jan 9, 2005.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Hey!
    I am like excited! I just won a bidding for a new baby moniter.
    I was wondering if anybody has had any experiance with the kind that I have..experiance with hearing goats in labor and what not I mean. It is a Safety First Crystal Clear Monitor
    here is the web addy for it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4347921817#ebayphotohosting

Thanx!!!
    MotherClucker
    *can hardly wait to try it out!*

2. GoldenWood Farm

Oh wow..I just looked up how much it costs normally and it normally costs about $30 not including shipping. I got it for $8.50 and shipping for it is $2.50. I got a really good deal on it :D . And I got a free digital thermomater to...can always use those :haha: .

MotherClucker

3. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

that will come in handy! I have one for my foster dogs and I wanted to use it in the goat shed but it wasn't a wireless one and the cord was to short :no:

4. GoldenWood Farm

Yep...It will come in VERY handy..it can be cordless or corded. So that will be VERY handy indeed...only wish I had it in time for my doe who is due tomorrow. Lol

MotherClucker

5. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Our local thrift store usually has a bunch of these baby moniters. They sell for about three dollars for most of them. I have one I got from there that I use, but I have to crack my window in my bedroom for it to pick up very well. It sort of gets cold in there this time of the year. You would be supprised how much racket goes on at night in the barn. I wonder just how much sleeping goes on at night.

6. Mr. Dot

Mr. Dot Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the good deal. I picked up a Radio Shack close-out a couple of years ago to monitor an upcoming kidding. Worked like a charm and I made it down to the barn in time by hearing an odd squeal from the monitor. I leave it on all the time. As said above, it's surprising how much is going on out there at night.