Just a reminder guys

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, Dec 23, 2003.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Attention all males, be aware that tomorrow is the day to start your Christmas shopping, its getting close.

2. Sonda in Ks.

Sonda in Ks. Well-Known Member

I have gift certificates for my shop in Kansas-for ALL those "deer in the head light look"-that the guys come into my shop with----& have no clue what to buy--------- just remember-----don't just grab & buy anything----MANY SHOPS HAVE GIFT CERTIFICATES- (all over the world-not just my shop) for those who don't know what to buy----your loved one-might truly enjoy shopping after Christmas /when things are on sale & they can get more bang for their buck with a gift certificate----it always fits!!!!!!!!!!

3. I have the best luck of just letting my wife go out and buy what she wants for her Christmas gift. That way if she doesn't like it then it was her fault and not mine. Of coarse I still get that "stare" that scares the crap out of most men.

4. soapmakermom

soapmakermom Well-Known Member

What a hoot! I just told my son, who is 18, and who went shopping yesterday, that most of the shoppers he will see will be men! You are sooo right, moopups. Thanks for giving me a chuckle. :haha:

5. s.wilkes

s.wilkes Active Member

Oh My Gost, R.h. That Is Soooooooo Funny, My Husband Said He Can Relate. I Have Absolutely No Idea What He's Talking Ab0ut. Thanks For The Laugh. By The Way This Is The 23rd And Hubby Hasn't Done His Shopping Either.

6. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

My husband just left to go do his shopping. He's heading for the farm supply store....

wonder what I'll get.

Jena

7. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Men- Any woman that wouldn't want a nice little lite electric weed whacker ain't country! If you get a can of bright yellow paint for the handles in her old hoe, shovel, pitch fork, and hammer. It will save her enough time each week in the summer that she has been wasting looking for them to get a part time job and buy a nice boat... (For the family of course)
    The best part of the 24th shopping is not having to have so many things to choose from.. The one most important thing is DO NOT loose the sales slip!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, and to all a good night.

8. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the reminder, Moo. I promised myself I wouldn't put it off till the last minute this year, so, I'm headed out the door now. gobug

9. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

Best part is TSC never has the lines like wal-rip does :)

10. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Don't knock those husbands and boyfriends who do their last minute shopping buying gift certificates. That's how my wife pays her property taxes every year. She has been selling an average of about a grand a day for the last few days.

She owns a beauty shop/day spa on a busy street. I tacked up a couple of big shiny red ribbons next to the sign that says "GIFT CERTIFICATES" the other day. I think she said every single one has been sold to a guy. :D

11. Ozarkguy

Ozarkguy Well-Known Member

Well actually, I really DID have her in mind. I got her one of those sled thingy's.

That way it won't be so hard for her draggin the deer back to the cabin.

See? I can be romantic too!

gotta love those hills...

Ozarkguy

12. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

13. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

Ed,
    Thank You. It has been filed into my favorites. :)

14. harmony

harmony Well-Known Member

Hey guys- pay attention to this!! It's a great gift!!

15. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

Hey Moopups,
    Thank you for the reminder. Its about 1pm so I figure its not quite time yet. Besides being the wise guy that I am I have already given some thought to what to get her this year. I think it will either be a snow shovel or a rake.
    Kirk

16. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I give money. One size fits all & the colour is always right.