Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya-sure, and this is the kind of weather that will freeze your noogies. I'm sitting here with a BIIIIG mug of hot tea and thinking warm thoughts to keep the abominable snowman away. Must be my old age but I don't remember the cold bothering like this around 50 years ago when I was a kiddle. Looking forward to spring...but I'll settle for the mid 20's next week.

Sandy:D

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
We only got down to -9F last night, but it's not expected to go above 0 today, with winds around 15mph gusting 25mph.

Temp is one thing...it's that darn wind that always gets to me. If I'm out of the wind, like when feeding or something, it's fine. Cold...but fine. Once you get into the wind, it just whips away all the heat your body is generating. I had a cold one time in this kind of weather and anytime I went outside, I ended up with icicles hanging from my nose ;)

No pipes froze last night, but our furnace is sure churning away :) Today...oatmeal and hot chocolate for breakfast :) Tomorrow is going to be colder. I hate days where your HIGH is -10. :( And we're in the SOUTH of Wisconsin. Canada must be totally frozen up.

They're talking super cold for Missouri. Good Golly Miss Molly! Missouri is supposed to be WARM this time of year...or at least above 0 :cool:

·
sweet_mae
820 Posts
It is really cold here in Indiana. I think the high tomarrow is only susposed to be 6 degrees and getting even colder by Friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.